Omg!!

Decorating By Kandy4283 Updated 30 Sep 2009 , 6:42pm by Kandy4283

Kandy4283 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kandy4283 Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 5:22am
post #1 of 15

Ok, so I have been working at a cake all night and feel like i am getting no where! Its about 12:20 AM, I got off work at 3:00pm, took my finace to the heart doctor and came home by about 5:00pm and have been here since working at a last minute phone call for a cake TOMORROW ( or should I say today now!!). I have been having nothing but horrible luck on such a simple cake!

All they want is a full sheet 1/2 white 1/2 choc with festive birthday stuff (balloons) with whipped frosting....

First, the cake cracked, split, fell apart and all the above when i went to flip it out of the pan....then i am having a hell of a time trying to find a "whipped" frosting!! He states that he does not want the sugary frosting, he said "whipped"....every "whipped" frosting that I come up with SUCKS!!!! I cannot get any of it to come out!!! WHAT DO I DO??????

14 replies
Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 5:38am
post #2 of 15

I know that you are probably not going to be able to go to Smart and Final right now....but they carry a non dairy whipped topping called Frostin Pride or Pastry pride. It is pretty good and not too sweet, its like a whipped cream. Hope this helps icon_smile.gif Oh....and if your having difficulties with the cake...just step away for a moment and when you are "ready" return to the cake. You will be able to accomplish more when you are feeling relaxed. And most importantly, remember to BREATHE!!!

zdebssweetsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zdebssweetsj Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 7:38am
post #3 of 15

I don't know what time the cake is due, but you probably need to back away and sleep for a little while. I no that sounds impossible right now but you need it. It's not your fault they ordered a cake at the last minute. It will go much better with a little rest. Take care of yourself and good luck.

sugarandslice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandslice Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 8:18am
post #4 of 15

If you're not able to sleep, at least have a break. Make a cup of coffee/tea, put on some soothing music, take some deep breaths and only go back to the cake when you've had some time to chill.
Sorry I can't help with anything 'cakey'
Hope it all turns out OK
icon_smile.gif

Caike Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caike Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 12:11pm
post #5 of 15

I didn't end up going to bed until 1:30AM last night - so I COMPLETELY understand where you're coming from. Just not enough hours in the day to finish this kind of stuff! icon_rolleyes.gif

Kandy4283 Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 4:38pm
post #6 of 15

thanks everyone! I ended up stepping away from he whole cake situation and started cleaning! LOL! Thats kind of what i do when i am frusterated! So it's now 11:40 am and i am going to start again!! hopefully it al goes well from here! I will post a pic when done! Thanks again!

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 4:52pm
post #7 of 15

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I feel your pain been there too many times. They sell bettercream it's the liquid stuff you just whip it's what they use on the grocery store cakes. I find mine at GFS when I have to use it Gordons Food Supply and I think maybe Sams or Costcos has it also. I know it won't help for now , but maybe for next time I think it can be frozen and unthawed.

Kandy4283 Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 6:06pm
post #8 of 15

thanks! Thats awesome! Its all coming together now! just about done! just took a short break from it! going back to work!

Kandy4283 Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 11:43pm
post #9 of 15
sugarandslice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandslice Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 2:08am
post #10 of 15

It looks fabulous! And your piping skills are amazing. I'm very envious as my piping sucks!!
icon_lol.gif

Caike Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caike Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 2:09am
post #11 of 15

It turned out fantastic! Well done! icon_wink.gif

Brendabeeper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brendabeeper Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 4:12am
post #12 of 15

your cake turned out great, I love the design. I know exactly how you feel. Two weeks ago I made 3 large cakes in 3 days. The first one I stayed up till 2 am on Friday for a cake for my brother's birthday, new home open house (dual celebration on that Friday). I had only planned on staying a hour and then going home and completing the other 2 cakaes.that were due Saturday at noon. I had one cake baked and another one to bake yet. My husband didnt want to leave the party and we didnt get home till 11pm and I was already tired. I hurried to get the 2nd cake in the oven and as tired as I was I threw it together and then ...FROZE ... did I put the right amount of oil and water? I had no idea...I baked it ..but it was not right at all! ....TOSS IN TRASH...Had to bake another....slowed down ...to get it right. After a few hours I started to get very tired, shakey, and really worried these were not going to be ready. I ended up sleeping a couple of hours and finished decorating in the morning. I was shaking so bad, my husband was P----- off , I felt like I was really neglecting the family... they were on their own for breakfast and Lunch, and I HAD A HUGE MESS in the kitchen... that husband never usually sees because I clean it up while he is asleep. I had to call the lady who was going to pick it up explain I was going to have to deliver it to her since I was running down to the last minute. EVERYTHING WENT WRONG. I ALMOST QUITE BAKING right then. Stepping away is the key, also note to self NEVER again accept a 3rd cake when you know it would be pushing it JUST SAY , SORRY no! Glad everything turned out for you... WHY DO WE ALL BAKE ALL NIGHT AND DECORATE LATE?

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 4:25am
post #13 of 15

Sorry you had all those issues. Been there many times myself. I like to remind myself every time "That which does not kill me makes me stronger!"

Your cake looks great, but the size has me curious. Is it really an 18x24 full sheet? It looks more like a 12x18 half sheet.

Darthburn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darthburn Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 4:25am
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendabeeper

I was shaking so bad, my husband was P----- off

icon_sad.gif

That's not cool. I'm sorry to hear that.

I'm right with you all, been up at 2am finishing a cake... glad to hear I'm not the only one. Fortunately I have a very suppotive and helpful wife to calm me down in these stiuations. Believe me... I just had to align my CHI just a week ago when after 6 attempts, stuff for her birthday cake still kept going wrong. I threw in the towel, but she doesn't know I'm going to give it another try this coming week. Shhhhhhhh tapedshut.gif

Kandy4283 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 6:42pm
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarFrosted

Sorry you had all those issues. Been there many times myself. I like to remind myself every time "That which does not kill me makes me stronger!"

Your cake looks great, but the size has me curious. Is it really an 18x24 full sheet? It looks more like a 12x18 half sheet.

Sorry it took me so long to get back on here to answer ya!!! yes it is a full 18x24 full sheet! the ake was HUGE!! It doesn't really look like it in the pic but it was a very large cake! I actually wasn't sure if the customer understood what he was ordering because it is such a large cake and he stated tha it was just for a suprise party for his wife! So in the back on my mind, I was thinking....she probably does the ordering normally so hopefully this is what he wants!!!!! And it was! He loved it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%