Can U See This Video And Answer My Simple Question ??

Decorating By arwety Updated 9 Sep 2009 , 8:52pm by Skirt

arwety Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 12:02am
post #1 of 20

hi, iam a new member and my english is not well so plz try to understand me ok icon_razz.gif
i saw an amazing video on the youtube and the decorator is only uses the paper cones to decorate his cake
co can any 1 see the video and tell how he cut the paper cone and made ruffle and flat buttercream decorations in the same time and this the video

]

19 replies
sadsmile Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 12:06am
post #2 of 20

the link to the video does not work

arwety Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 12:13am
post #3 of 20

ok , this is the link again

jamiekwebb Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 12:28am
post #4 of 20

it almost lookd like he cut off either side to make a ^.... maybe , I don't really know. Neat video though, thanks

blessedist Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 12:29am
post #5 of 20

I guess he just knows how to cut the bag in the shape of whatever tip number the designs look like.

BCJean Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 12:32am
post #6 of 20

The ruffle the decorator is making in the video is done with a leaf tip. To make the leaf tip on a paper decorating bag, you just snip of angles from each side so you have a "V" shaped tip.
When you make the ruffle you hold the bag at an angle so one side of the leaf tip is going to be flat on the cake and the other side will be up. You squeeze very hard and the icing comes out ruffled........this is an old trick, used a lot ....back in the day.

arwety Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 12:33am
post #7 of 20

thank u all but i still wonder can he do the two techniques at the same time

arwety Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 12:36am
post #8 of 20

thanks BCJean very much i will try it and post my final work in forum >>> thanks again

BCJean Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 12:37am
post #9 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwety

thank u all but i still wonder can he do the two techniques at the same time

Yes, for the flat part you just hold the tip flat on the cake, like if you were going to make a ribbon with a #104. You squeeze lightly on the bag, so it will not ruffle and pull it straight and it will make a ribbon of icing flat on the cake.
He is also using other bags with just a round hole cut on the end...like a #3, 4 or 5 would be.

BCJean Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 12:39am
post #10 of 20

After thought:

You wouldn't have to use a paper cone. You could just use the round tips...3, 4 or 5 and a #67 leaf tip.
..and yes, when you use the 67 leaf tip..or cut the bag in a V....you hold one side flat on the cake and the icing on that side of the tip will come out flat on the cake, while it's twin on the other side of the tip is up in the air and will come out ruffled.....all at the same time. It still fascinates me after all these years.

bbmom Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 12:49am
post #11 of 20

I just watched this video, didnt have sound on as kids are sleeping, but OMG...first of all pretty amazing, did you see him mix the icing right on the table? And there was so much frosting on the top of that cake, it looked pretty soft as well...but man he's fast. I wish the video quality wasnt so bad...I'm gonna go watch a couple more now, its fascinating.

arwety Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 12:59am
post #12 of 20

thanks BCJean again u r a pro and i understand it very clearly
and yes bbmom his videos is very amazing and he made anthor videos with a high quality and u can enter his channel

bbmom Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 1:05am
post #13 of 20

arwety,
do you have any idea what kind of icing/frosting he is using? Its very shiny and soft and he puts it on so thick, it almost looks like it will fall off, then he spins the cake wheel really fast and it all smooths out!!!

Skirt Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 1:13am
post #14 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmom

And there was so much frosting on the top of that cake, it looked pretty soft as well...

I saw below another video "crema Chantilly" which is whipped cream... It may not be BC. Still amazing but let's face it, whipped cream spreads like a dream compared to BC...

arwety Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 1:15am
post #15 of 20

no really i dont know but as u said
Its very shiny and soft
i wish i know

ninatat Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 3:55am
post #16 of 20

he used a tip on sone of them i paused it. he's using a parchment bag. i also do henna and alot of girls use the cones, it took me some time to get the hang of them they use mylar, when i started the wilton class i got it, you cut out a triangle take the tip twards you and roll over to other side point of triangle facing down about 3/4 start pulling up on the first part you rolled it should form a cone, you don't want alot of seams on the inside, i know it's in the wilton book, and they may have tutorial on there. i'd like to know what tip he used on that ruffle that automaticall put a design on the top. the roser were different, does anyone us those.

sadsmile Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 5:40pm
post #17 of 20

Very interesting use of a turntable. It's like watching spin art. The one where he layers colors over white with red on the top blew my mind a bit when he started scraping up the side of the cake for that twinkie like edge. Layering the colored icing over white gives it an almost airbrushed feel.

The tip thing is pretty cool! I never knew you could make a rufle with a leaf tip! That icing is a whipped kind that will come out fast to make it work right.

arwety Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 5:52pm
post #18 of 20

i told u it is amazing video , i dont speak spain but i love to see their videos , i can learn alot of things from them

sadsmile Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 6:27pm
post #19 of 20

I just want to know what kind of icing that is. The white BC and the colored glaze stuff he puts on top.

Skirt Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 8:52pm
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

I just want to know what kind of icing that is. The white BC and the colored glaze stuff he puts on top.

I don't think it's BC... whipped cream or whipped topping

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%