I Could Just Cry... And Send My 4 Year Old To The Moon!

Lounge By CakeInfatuation Updated 9 Sep 2009 , 12:42am by CakeInfatuation

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 6:55pm
post #1 of 17

I've been reading through the forums about the cricut. So.... when it went on sale for $100 and I had a $10 gift certificate, I had to go get it! I mean.... $90!!!! Then I purchased the SCAL software. Spent ALL DAY today trying to get the thing hooked up to my computer and communicating. Finally got it to work. Tested it with paper and VOILA!!! Beautiful cuts!

Ready to try with gum paste... Mixed some gum paste with a little wilton fondant and tylose. Rolled the thickness of a dime. Cleaned adhesive off the mat, slathered with crisco. Layed down the gum paste. Took it to the computer.

My son came into the office. My husband told him to GET AWAY (he tends to dance and flit around) so nothing breaks. Sure enough he climbs on me (okay if you sit still) then he started wiggling all over. Just as I am getting ready to try a test with the gum paste/fondant mix, he falls off my lap and lands right on the cricut screen and SNAPS IT OFF!

MOMMY LOST IT!

dh saved the day and it still works but now I need parts for the darn machine that had only been turned on today. My son is sitting in his room thinking about his trouble listening.

16 replies
jrkrayenhagen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jrkrayenhagen Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 7:08pm
post #2 of 17

ooohhh... my heart goes out to you. I have a "curious" 2 year old that is always invading and breaking my things as well. I can totally relate to this whole story.
I hope you still have tons of fun with the cricut. I just got one and am about to start experimenting. Can't wait icon_smile.gif (But will keep it far from my son!!!)

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 7:09pm
post #3 of 17

oh i'm soooo sorry this happend to you! i have a boy that will be 4 next week and can absolutely feel your pain. glad you hubby was able to save the day!

Juds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 7:17pm
post #4 of 17

I feel your pain!! My 4 year old daughter is the same and the baby is following close behind. So now if I have to do anything that I know they're going to want mess with I have to do it while they're sleeping or DH keeps them out of the way.

Sorry you had to learn the hard way, too.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 7:29pm
post #5 of 17

YIKES! That is a rough day! I know where you are coming from. I have 4 kids and can not cake when they are awake. I can not even think straigt when my 2yo cries...LOL My 6, 11 and 12 yo's don't always listen and touch which means breakage and a temper flare up like a super nova. One day they will all leave The Cake Natzi ALONE! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

"Patience must have maternal one, die they must not" ...Yoda

caseyhayes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caseyhayes Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 7:39pm
post #6 of 17

Oh, YES, I know how that goes! I have a 4 yr old and a 5 yr old, both boys. I came in one day and found cake on the table with huge chunks bit straight out of the sides. It looked like I had mice the size of godzilla. Let's just say that mom turned into the incredible hulk!!!!! So sorry this happened to you... Three cheers for dad!!!

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 8:28pm
post #7 of 17

I so feel for you. I understand how you feel. I recently brought a Swival sweeper G2 and my son snaped it at the base so now its garbage. icon_cry.gif

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 10:58pm
post #8 of 17

Aww sorry this happened! Gotta love kids huh?! Last year for my dd's b-day she had a halloween theme party. I made about 2 doz cute cuppies. I had them on the cupcake side of my cake taker and the lid wasn't on all the way because I had just shown them to a guest. So when it was time for cake my son (5 at the time) was trying to help me by grabbing the cake taker. All I could yell was NNOOOOO! as he pulled them off the bar and all the cuppies hit the floor! icon_cry.gif I was so sad, but now I'm able to laugh about it!

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 11:01pm
post #9 of 17

Forgot I made 4 doz. cuppies so I had enough for the party.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 11:06pm
post #10 of 17

Shill... isn't this the same four-year-old who attacked your chocolate chip WASC when you went out to the bus stop one day? He's given you enough material to write a book!

Breath. It's just a machine. I know, expensive machine. But it can be replaced. Hugs from four-year-old little boys cannot.

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 11:06pm
post #11 of 17

I HONESTLY know the feeling. My son broke the screen on mine too.....THE DAY I GOT IT! I had to take it back anyway because I had bought it and the box was opened. It was the last one they had and it worked once, then would not work again. I honestly think someone had bought it and replaced their old broken one with the one in the box and then returned it. I WAS SO STINKING MAD. So he broke it but the machine was already broken to begin with so I wasn't too mad at him.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 11:15pm
post #12 of 17

Been there been there been there!

There are no wise words but just remember these phases will pass, the good and the bad. My kids last year dumped the jewelry in my jewelery box down the bathtub drain. One of the things in there was an irreplaceable necklace DH gave me the night he proposed. I was so angry and furious and sad, verging between screaming and crying.

It's been almost a year since then, and I'm still sad my jewelery is gone. But, they're still my sweet, wonderful little monsters.

Try to get away and out of the house tonight, and you will feel better.

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 11:28pm
post #13 of 17

Hey I have a 3 yr old that could use a trip to the moon, do you think we could get buy 1 get 1 half off tickets icon_lol.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 11:37pm
post #14 of 17

And I would bet he needs your undivided attention when you're on the telephone, too, correct?

Welcome to the dark side of motherhood.

May it be the worst thing he ever does in his lifetime.

As they get older, we realize that their listening problem is really selective hearing. As in "Mom said Get Away, but she didn't say get away from what, so this is alright."

Oh, and beware of puppy eyes; it usually means they were up to no good.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

jillangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillangel Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 11:53pm
post #15 of 17

Oh wow do I know exactly how you feel! There should be a temporary hotel on the moon for these circumstances. I have twins that just turned two and my youngest just turned one and I swear they all have ants in their pants. I can't believe how at least one is moving at all times. I could see them breaking my new cricut and I would see a whole new level of mad! Glad your hubby could fix it. Oh kids are lucky they are cute because they are sooooooooo rotten sometimes.

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 12:11am
post #16 of 17

In the immortal words of comedian Gallagher (or was it George Carlin?):
You know why babies are so cute?
So you don't kill them!

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 12:42am
post #17 of 17

ha ha Sooo true! I say that all the time and to them too! I'll look at him while he has that devilish grin on his face and tell him "it's a good thing God made you cute!..."

My husband said rather than try to "fix" it, we can contact cricut and see if we can buy a replacement piece. The wires are all still attached but the flap the screen is on is barely hanging on... that is a song isn't it???? ".... barely hanging on..." That's me some days!

Yep... same kid that attacked my WASC that was for my nephews cake. That day it worked out for the best. This day... not sure how a brand new broken machine can be worked out for the best BUT it does still function and my son will live to see another day.

If anyone finds a good deal on moon passes.... let me know! HA!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%