Dingbat Question, Transporting Supplies For A Class

Decorating By HowCoolGomo1 Updated 8 Sep 2009 , 7:19pm by TexasSugar

HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 6:32pm
post #1 of 6

How does anyone else transport supplies for a class, without looking like you're bringing the entire kitchen?

It's a GP class, we are going to make our own GP for the class, so the mixing bowl is not an issue.

I guess what I'm asking, does anyone out there have an organized way of transporting all the tools and cutters?

5 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 6:35pm
post #2 of 6

I haven't taken any classes, but when I took my stuff to show my grandma how to make some simple flowers, I used a cheap clear plastic toolbox from Walmart...I think it was $6. It has a tray inside and compartments on the lid. It held everything that I needed and was sturdy.

I've also used it for my emergency kit for a wedding cake delivery and it worked great.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 6:46pm
post #3 of 6

I have a flat clear plastic container I purchased at walmart. I also bought a pack of the white plastic silverware organizers. There were 3 in the pack I think. They just fit perfectly into the container I had a section for my brushes, one for scissors, exacto, etc. and another for the modeling tools (ball tool, veining tool, rolling pin, etc.) There was enough room at the end of the container for me to put my little container of crisco, tylose, colors, etc.

dutchy1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dutchy1971 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 6:52pm
post #4 of 6

When I took classes I used a scrap booking tote, the ones that have wheels and a pull up handle. It held everything, my plastic tub for gumpaste tools, scissors, ruler, a little tub for piping tips, and everything else the teacher asked us to bring.....paper towels etc. Good size tote it was a life saver, especially when I was carrying a cake in the other hand. I've since used my tote for when I deliver cakes it has all my stuff I may need for set up.

tbittner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tbittner Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 6:58pm
post #5 of 6

I also used one of my husband's old tool boxes. It was big enough for me to carry everything in except my actual cake. A lot of others used tote bags but the box was more organized, it had a ton of compartments in it to keep everything separate.

Have fun in class!
Tracy

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 7:19pm
post #6 of 6

Tool boxes are good. For the Wilton F/GP class I went to Big Lot's and bought a 21 or 22in tool box that all my supplies, minus the rolling pin and matt, fit into. You can check at Walmart for a variety of themt oo. I just liked my Big Lot's one because it was cheap too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%