How Far In Advance Do You Bake Your Wedding Cakes?

Decorating By Wesha Updated 8 Sep 2009 , 5:54pm by Caralinc

Wesha Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 5:19pm
post #1 of 5

Hi Guys,

How far in advance do you bake your wedding cakes? I have a wedding in 3 1/2 weeks. I am thinking of baking this week and freezing the cake layers, and then make my fondant decorations next week, and the buttercream the following week. I have frozen non wedding cakes before and just thawed and decorated.

Let me know your thoughts

4 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 5:24pm
post #2 of 5

I usually bake on Mondays and Tuesdays for my weekends cake and then refridgerate them wrapped really well.I make icing Wednesday and start to assemble and crumbcoat.Thursday and friday I decorate and do final touches.Ready for pickup.Since most of my cakes are going out fridays I have to have them ready before Saturday and that way if I encounter any problems..I still have a day or two to fix it!!

mbpbrighteyes Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 5:27pm
post #3 of 5

I usually bake Tuesdays or Wednesdays depending on what it is and what day it goes out!

Wesha Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 5:33pm
post #4 of 5

thanks guys, I want them to be as fresh as possible. I work a full time 8 to 5 so I was wondering about baking them in advance.

Caralinc Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 5:54pm
post #5 of 5

I normally start my baking the Wed. or Thursday for a Sat. Cake. However; your schedule seems fine since you will be freezing the cakes. Freezing them keeps them nice and moist. So I don't see any reason why to change your schedule. I can appreciate and understand working full time and trying to complete a cake at night. So the further out you can pace yourself the easier your life will be. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%