Edible Image On Round Cookies

Decorating By cakesrpretty Updated 8 Sep 2009 , 4:32pm by cakesrpretty

cakesrpretty Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 1:57pm
post #1 of 5

I only have the 1/4 sheet and 8" round icing sheets. Can I use the 1/4 sheet to make icing images for 3" round cookies? would I just print them on the sheet and cut them out? If anyone has done this can you please give me some pointers? I do not have time to go and get the 3" circle sheets.

4 replies
Lcubed82 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 1:59pm
post #2 of 5

I had some images printed at the grocery. I then sterilized some scissors, and cut the images out just like paper. It worked great. (Cub scout logo cookies in my pix)

PhotoFrost Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 3:39pm
post #3 of 5

Hi Sandra,
Using scissors is probably your best bet and another idea would be using an exacto knife with a 3" or close to template. Sometimes you have a glass, cookie mold or even print out a 3" circle onto card stock and use the exacto knife or razor to cut around the template. Hope this helps.

linedancer Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 4:02pm
post #4 of 5

Hi Sandra, welcome to cc. Here is how I cut my circles. I bought a scrap booking punch, the largest circle I could find. Link is below, although, I bought mine at Michaels.

It cuts a perfect 2 in circle, for use on 3 in cookies. You have to separate the icing sheet from the backing, because the punch will not cut them together, but believe it or not, the icing sheet holds up fine.

If I am going to use the images right away, I do not bother to punch the backing. If I am going to store them, I punch circles out of the backing and layer the image and backing together again. Works great for me.

Cookies I made this way:

cakesrpretty Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 4:32pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the advise. I think I will buy a scrapbooking punch on my way home. Seems like the quickest and easiest solution. My mom might even have one for me to borrowicon_smile.gif

Thanks linedancericon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%