How Do I Make A "sitting Up" Cat?

Decorating By SunMamaof3 Updated 8 Sep 2009 , 12:34pm by djs328

SunMamaof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SunMamaof3 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 11:40am
post #1 of 3

I wanted to create a cat that is sitting... but do not know which cake pans to use and how I can make a tail ... I do not do fondant... just pure BC... so to keep in mind...

I plan to add a tiara... I dont know if I am going to go through all the trouble to try use fondant or just to use the candy to make the tiara... your suggestions would be greatly appreciate...

I need to make this cake by this Friday...

Thanks!!!

2 replies
NatalieMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NatalieMarie Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 12:11pm
post #2 of 3

Hi,

Good luck with your cake.

I would either carve the body of the cat from about 3 8" rounds or use something like the wondermold pan. I think the ball pan would be too big to use for a head so I would carve this from 2 6" rounds or use the ball pan but carve it smaller..

For the tail, why not have it wrapped around the body rather than apart from the cake? You could carve the tail shape into the body and just buttercream over it. I don't use buttercream, but would RKT be useful to make the tail?

djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 12:34pm
post #3 of 3

I would use the stand up bear pan for the cat, and if you have chocolate candy melts, try making modeling chocolate. I'm not a fondant girl myself, but the modeling chocolate can get you the same effect. (my jungle cake was all modeling chocolate)
Also, I made a tiara out of it as well...not the fanciest, but it worked for a 4 yr old! Not sure if I posted that pic..I'll attach it here.

HTH!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%