Where Can I Get This Stencil?

Decorating By Suzycakes Updated 8 Sep 2009 , 1:57pm by Suzycakes

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 4:37am
post #1 of 11

Hello friends -- I have been looking for the stencil design on the chocolate layers of the attached cake for weeks. I have PM and emailed the designer - but I have not received an answer. I have looked for any stencil design even remotely close - but have not been able to find one. Do you know where I can get it?

I have looked at designer stencils, gsa and others and they have the daisy lattice and the princess lace but neither one of them is it.

Or is it not a stencil at all? Is it some other type of decorating technique?

Any and all help will be apprecited --

Thanks so much!

Suze
LL

10 replies
__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 5:13am
post #2 of 11

Pretty sure that is hand piped.

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 5:34am
post #3 of 11

After looking at the photo zoomed in the design on the cream colored tiers looks to be hand piped, but the ones on the tan colored tiers look to be a stencil

majka_ze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majka_ze Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 6:55am
post #4 of 11

For me, it seems to be hand piped. I did zoom the photo but where I could give 100% answer it gets really grainy. Still, hand piped for me...

desertm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
desertm Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 7:29am
post #5 of 11

The chocolate design on the light colored layers is definitely hand piped. I think the decorator used the design in the Wilton Pattern Press Set.

http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=20447

Suzycakes Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 12:02pm
post #6 of 11

I was afraid I had not made myself clear in my original post -- I'm not concerned with the design on the cream color layer done in chocolate -- I'm trying to figure out how to do the design on the chocolate layers (in cream) that looks like some type of a lattice or quilt style design with the flowers in between. It really looks like a stencil to me - but I haven't been able to find one like it yet.

Thanks for all of your help though -- hopefully the suggestions will keep coming!

Suze

majka_ze Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 12:12pm
post #7 of 11

I understand, but even the design on chocolate layers seems to be hand piped. Do you have a better photo you could post somewhere or PM?

Suzycakes Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 12:25pm
post #8 of 11

No - I saw the cake here on CC when it was posted a few months ago. I PM the designer and then emailed his business but never received a response. It may be hand piped - if it is I don't know that I could keep it that even and symetrical . . . unless I could figure out a way to press the design . . . .

I have the set of Ateco diamond cutters - could I use one of the larger diamonds to lightly press guide lines around the tier and to me it looks like a small reverse scroll is used in between the flowers that I could pipe and then either try to pipe a flower or find one to press and then trace/pipe? What do you think?

Thanks,
Susan

majka_ze Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 12:43pm
post #9 of 11

For me, it seems not as complicated. I did enlarge the photo again and here is how I would make it and it seems to correspond with what I see.

Find a round, 8 petal cookie cutter. Find a smaller round cutter. You don't need more.

Draw one repeat on paper - see attached file.

The complicated part - count the number of repeats. With toothpick or something similar, mark the center of the flowers. Or do there dot with buttercream/RI. Take the round cutter and 8 petal cookie cutter, press them around the dots / marks. You don't need the rest, the reverse scrolls seem to be eyeballed (each repeat and even each part is slightly different).

And now for the design - my gift for you:
LL

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 1:33pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by majka_ze

For me, it seems not as complicated. I did enlarge the photo again and here is how I would make it and it seems to correspond with what I see.

Find a round, 8 petal cookie cutter. Find a smaller round cutter. You don't need more.

Draw one repeat on paper - see attached file.

The complicated part - count the number of repeats. With toothpick or something similar, mark the center of the flowers. Or do there dot with buttercream/RI. Take the round cutter and 8 petal cookie cutter, press them around the dots / marks. You don't need the rest, the reverse scrolls seem to be eyeballed (each repeat and even each part is slightly different).

And now for the design - my gift for you:

Great job majka_ze, this is why I like CC, nice and helpful people like you
Deborah

Suzycakes Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 1:57pm
post #11 of 11

Wow - Thanks majka-ze -- you have simplified this technique tremendously -- I know I can find the 8 petal cutter - looks like maybe a 3/4" cutter would you say? And I can certainly practice plenty this week to try it out.

I will let you know how the practice run turns out and post pics and see what everyone thinks and make any adjustments necessary.

Thanks again --

Suze

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%