Need A Good Chocolate Bc Recipe

Baking By StaceyCakes75 Updated 8 Sep 2009 , 2:50pm by StaceyCakes75

StaceyCakes75 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 4:36am
post #1 of 6

Anyone have a favorite chocolate BC recipe that doesn't need to be refrigerated? I'm doing a cake for a friend and she wants chocolate BC filling. she is picking it up Friday night for Saturday so it will have to sit out for at least a day.

5 replies
ceshell Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 5:05am
post #2 of 6

Try Toba Garrett's chocolate bc - it's terrific! I only refrigerate it to store leftover icing, not for the cake itself. http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chocolate-Buttercream-109248

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 5:21am
post #3 of 6

oh wow that looks delish ceshell but way too many ingredients for me. it looks very rich and decadent though. hmmmmm chocolate....

ceshell Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 5:33am
post #4 of 6

That's funny, I never thought of it that way. But it's not as complicated as it looks! I swear! icon_smile.gif Think of it this way: a standard American BC (chocolate version) would contain butter/shortening (or both), ps, cocoa, milk, vanilla. Maybe a touch of salt....that's 7 of the 9 ingredients already. The only difference in this recipe is it adds some meringue powder and then of course the ganache. You can make ganache ahead and keep it in the freezer in small batches; that's what I do.

Oh and you can TOTALLY do it w/o the liqueur, just use a little extra liquid, even just plain 'ol vanilla. I probably did it that way the first several times I made it, since I didn't want to invest in chocolate liqueur. Mmmm it is soooooooooo gooooooooood!

desertm Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 7:34am
post #5 of 6

I live in a very hot climate, so I am also very careful with ingredients when a cake has to stand for any length of time. Last week I made a chocolate BC just by adding 200 grams of melted good quality chocolate (60%) to the regular Wilton BC recipe. I do not add meringue powder, and I use water instead of milk, which can spoil the whole thing. It came out delicious!

StaceyCakes75 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 2:50pm
post #6 of 6

thanks guys!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%