Freezing Dough

Baking By AFCakeBaker Updated 11 Sep 2009 , 1:15pm by sweetcravings

AFCakeBaker Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 2:30am
post #1 of 9

Hey ladies,
I just had a friend ask me about freezing dough. I'm more of a caker...mostly do cookies at the holidays and that is all, so I told her I would post on her to see what you guys had to say ?

Can you freeze all dough? Are there some cookie doughs that freeze better ?

Thanks !

8 replies
luv2bake6 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 5:58pm
post #2 of 9

I freeze most doughs.
The easiest thing to do for drop cookies is to freeze the dough in cylinders so that you just need to slice and bake!
Roll out doughs can freeze nicely in discs.

Sweetriley Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 1:44am
post #3 of 9

I freeze cookie dough all the time. For sugar cookies, I cut, freeze then bake frozen. I freeze my dough for up to 3 weeks. Hope this helps.

emlashlee Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 2:19am
post #4 of 9

Can I ask a question in here that pertains, too, please? Can you bake the cookies, then freeze them?

luv2bake6 Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 12:46am
post #5 of 9

absolutely

indydebi Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 1:28am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2bake6

I freeze most doughs.
The easiest thing to do for drop cookies is to freeze the dough in cylinders so that you just need to slice and bake!
Roll out doughs can freeze nicely in discs.

Another idea that I do is go ahead and scoop the dough into dough balls thn freeze the dough balls. I put them on a cookie sheet in the freezer, then when they are firm enough, I transfer them to a deep container (wax paper between layers). Those disposable aluminum pans that come with lids are great for this.

When ready for nice warm cookies, just grab 12 out of the freezer and throw them in the oven. Great for last minute orders, too.

sweetcravings Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 1:32am
post #7 of 9

Ohhhh indydebi that's a dangerous but brillant idea! ;o) Definitely gonna do that next time i'm making cookie dough.

indydebi Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 1:45am
post #8 of 9

another plus is when someone orders a dozen cookies, but they want 4 choc chip, 5 snickerdoodles and 3 peanut butter. Just grab what you need from the freezer and in 15 minutes, the order is ready to go. thumbs_up.gif

sweetcravings Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 1:15pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

another plus is when someone orders a dozen cookies, but they want 4 choc chip, 5 snickerdoodles and 3 peanut butter. Just grab what you need from the freezer and in 15 minutes, the order is ready to go. thumbs_up.gif

Loving this idea! Thanks for sharing it. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%