Tetris Shapes Fondant Wrapping

Decorating By AmandaKate Updated 8 Sep 2009 , 2:09pm by CutiePieCakes-Ontario

AmandaKate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaKate Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 1:00am
post #1 of 3

Hi all,

So I have a cake I need to make next month and would like to make it tetris themed. My bf suggested cutting cake into the individual tetris shapes, wrapping them in fondant, and then stacking them just like in the game but only about three "rows" high (and they would have to be wide enough to not be tipsy of course) my question while trying to envision how to do this is......would it be possible to wrap the individual pieces with fondant so that ALL sides are covered? I've considered covering three sides with fondant, and then flipping over to the last side and putting a seperate piece of fondant on the back.....would this work or would the lone piece not stay in place? is there any way to attach the seams? I've only just started working with fondant so my ideas are limited...

any suggestions or ideas on how to make this work would be greatly appreciated!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

2 replies
AmandaKate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaKate Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 2:00pm
post #2 of 3

*bump* icon_rolleyes.gif

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 2:09pm
post #3 of 3

First of all, if you want to stack, you should dowel it - either wood or SPS, especially if it's higher than it is wider. Gravity will win if you don't dowel.

Second, my suggestion is to put a cake board under each piece. If you try to wrap all the way around and them stack, the fondant will stick together so when you try to separate them to cut, they'll tear. When you fondant, just tuck a bit under the edge. This will help cover the cake board as well, and give you the 'covered all around' look you're after.

HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%