What's The Best Way To Do This Design

Decorating By Brendabeeper Updated 9 Sep 2009 , 5:38am by jewelzbakescakes

Brendabeeper Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 12:13am
post #1 of 11

I tried to find out who's cake this is, It is just such an AWESOME CAKE . Please note I see it on the cover photo of Purple on the galleries . Unable to locate it in the gallery to give full credit to the owner of this cake.

I love how the lines go from the top to the bottom. How is the best way to do the lines?
LL

10 replies
queenfa Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 12:36am
post #2 of 11

Fundant extruding gun with the round disc,then attach to the cake already covered in fondant or frosted in buttercream as you prefer.

Elise87 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 1:03am
post #3 of 11

The cake is by Karensue, here's the link:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1113353

I love this cake too icon_smile.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 8:24am
post #4 of 11

i've seen something similar by peggy porschen (sp?) and she used royal icing. i love that style, so pretty.

Inga Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 10:23am
post #5 of 11

this is done with a clay gun and fondant.

sugarsugargal Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 7:18pm
post #6 of 11

there are a couple of cakes on my gallery like this, its called candy striping and is done with royal icing and a number 3 tip, and LOTS of practice icon_smile.gif ask away if you have any questions x

Brendabeeper Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 2:16am
post #8 of 11

Thank you everyone for all your help, Thanks especially for the designers listed. I am in awe of the many wonderfull creations that you all create. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us newbies. I LOVE CC and it is great do to all of you!

newmansmom2004 Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 2:35am
post #9 of 11

Don't mean to get off topic here, but Elise87 your cookie avatar is A-MA-ZING!!!! Not sure I'd have the patience. That thing is a work of art!

madgeowens Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 2:35am
post #10 of 11

They just did something like this on christopher garrins...whichever show he is on...and they used clay gun/extruder as well....

jewelzbakescakes Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 5:38am
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarsugargal

there are a couple of cakes on my gallery like this, its called candy striping and is done with royal icing and a number 3 tip, and LOTS of practice icon_smile.gif ask away if you have any questions x

The striped cakes are beautiful!
I LOVE your royal icing butterflies, how do you make them?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%