Amputed Finger Cookies

Baking By sweetcakes Updated 8 Sep 2009 , 5:27pm by TracyLH

sweetcakes Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 10:48pm
post #1 of 7

Theres some great finger cookies in the galleries and i want to give them a go for halloween this year, come someone give me the directions. I think i know how i would do them but just want to hear how others made them too. thanks.

6 replies
verono Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 12:14am
post #2 of 7

Can you post the link?

Barb00 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 12:25am
post #3 of 7

You might check the Kraft website, too. They had a recipe in their freebie Food & Family quarterly "magazine". This was a few years back, but you still might be able to find it. Creepy!!

Barb00 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 12:31am
post #4 of 7

BTW, I think they were called Witches Fingers. Had red "nail polish" also.

brightbrats Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 12:41am
post #5 of 7

In the galleries type in Witches fingers, there's all kinds. I found this under one pic. Hope it helps...

Elserj - The are just regular cookie dough rolled into thin ropes, then you pinch the centers in a little bit and take a paring knife to make the knuckle wrinkles. I pressed in the almonds and brushed red food coloring on them and baked.

Ursula40 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 12:54am
post #6 of 7

If you want to go salty (to use as "dipping fingers' for dips, just make them out of pizza dough (remember they expand a little when baking) and press half of a black olive as nails onto the top part of your finger, otherwise same as above, now THOSE are creepy

TracyLH Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 5:27pm
post #7 of 7

Okay... REALLY glad to hear these are for Halloween! icon_lol.gif This is a bit different from what you are talking about, but I have made the Martha Lady Fingers (I called them Witches' Fingers) before and they were delish! Hers are a dough, but you can transfer some of the directions to make it in cookie form, if it helps: fingers

Quote by @%username% on %date%