What Are Your Fave Extract Combos For Wasc?

Baking By yummymummy Updated 9 Sep 2009 , 5:59pm by Lelu

yummymummy Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 10:17pm
post #1 of 16

I would like to use the WASC recipe for an anniversary cake I'm doing for a dear freind, but she's allergic to almonds. So...I need to sub the almond extract for something else. Any suggestions? Thanks!! icon_smile.gif Also wouldn't mind some filling recommedations. It's an outdoor event and I'll be frosting in bc. icon_biggrin.gif

15 replies
SugarFrosted Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 10:40pm
post #2 of 16

This is a link to a big list of gourmet flavor combinations. It's the second post from the top. Perhaps one will suit your fancy:
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=614554&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

And here are the recipes:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs

nickshalfpint Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 10:43pm
post #3 of 16

I use vanilla and caramel flavoring in WASC. It's yummy! I've also used strawberry extract and filled it with fresh strawberries and buttercream, also very yummy (=

yummymummy Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 10:59pm
post #4 of 16

I was just checking out the gourmet flavor combos! WOW! I only got through the first 18 pages! Thanks for the link and recommendations! icon_smile.gif

yummymummy Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 11:09pm
post #5 of 16

The pink champagne cake sounds really nice for this occasion. I just don't know about the filling. Anyone have experience w/ this flavor that may have recommendations for filling? Do you think it's a well liked flavor by most people?

bobwonderbuns Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 11:10pm
post #6 of 16

Click on the link in my signature and that brings you to ALL the google docs from all the threads that have them -- there are tons of ideas there. icon_biggrin.gif

yummymummy Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 11:14pm
post #7 of 16

Thanks bob! icon_biggrin.gif

Lelu Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 11:18pm
post #8 of 16

I made the pink champagne cake for my daughter's best friend's 21st birthday. I filled it with white chocolate buttercream and fresh sliced stawberries. It was a huge hit! And it smells wonderful while it's baking!

yummymummy Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 11:23pm
post #9 of 16

That sounds lovely! Did you place the strawberries on top of the filling and then the next layer of cake on top of that?

bobwonderbuns Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 11:34pm
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelu

I made the pink champagne cake for my daughter's best friend's 21st birthday. I filled it with white chocolate buttercream and fresh sliced stawberries. It was a huge hit! And it smells wonderful while it's baking!

Boy does that sound good!! Share the recipe with us, PLEASE!! icon_biggrin.gif

Lelu Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 4:43pm
post #11 of 16

I used the pink champagne WASC recipe form the gourmet flavors list. Basically the original WASC with a white mix and then added Loran's champagne flavoring and a bit of Wilton Rose gel color. I can't remember which buttercream recipe I used but it was out of the recipe section here and probably had a good rating, LOL!! I tend to try the ones with more stars first. I made a 8" two layer cake, White chocolate buttercream filling with strawberies layered on top of the filling, then iced the whole thing with the buttercream. It was so good!! I only used 2 drams of the flavoring, next time I would use 3, just to kick it up a notch!!

yummymummy Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 4:50pm
post #12 of 16

Thank you!! That sounds delicious! I hadn't even thought of the Lorann flavors. I think a trip to my cake store is an order. She sells them for $1.50 icon_smile.gif

Lelu Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 4:54pm
post #13 of 16

I found the White chocolate buttercream recipe in my favorites. I am gonna try to put the link here

[url]http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7530/white-chocolate-buttercream-icing

Lelu Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 4:56pm
post #14 of 16

Ok, I am dumb when it comes to links and whatnot, but that is the address of the recipe for the buttercream. I got my Loran's from a local cake decorating store. I love them and they are fun to experiment with. Enjoy!!

Lelu Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 5:59pm
post #16 of 16

Thanks Bob and maybe you can edumacate me, LOL, on doing that link thing!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%