Michele Fosters Fondant Recipe Question

Decorating By sugartforyou Updated 8 Sep 2009 , 2:33pm by Lcubed82

sugartforyou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartforyou Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 10:06pm
post #1 of 8

Can I be able to omit or substitute the milk on Michele Fosters fondant recipe? How long will it store in the fridge? I will like to try the recipe but not quite confortable using milk in the recipe....Thanks icon_razz.gif

7 replies
kyhendry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyhendry Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 10:12pm
post #2 of 8

You can use any type of liquid forum you wish. Here's a link to an FAQ page Michelle made regarding her fondant. Lot's of questions answered there. Check it out.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-625727-mff.html+information

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 10:26pm
post #3 of 8

I am waiting for my mixture to cool to lukewarm right now. (Trying recipe for first time.) What happens if it is warmer than lukewarm?

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 10:33pm
post #4 of 8

Don't rush it. It says lukewarm....wait until it is lukewarm. It is too soft and doughy if you rush it.

sugartforyou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartforyou Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 10:34pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks for the info thumbs_up.gif

Lcubed82 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 11:11pm
post #6 of 8

OK, I guess I rushed it! All sticky on my Silpat, and have about 5 pounds of sugar in it! I hope I don't have a rock once it cools!

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 3:17am
post #7 of 8

Icubed, that's way too much sugar. it will harden like a rock icon_sad.gif don't add anymore and let it cure for a few hours and check it out.

If the mixture is warmer it will take more powdered sugar than what's needed.

Lcubed82 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 2:33pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks! I wrapped it well last night, and put in a airtight container. I can still poke it this morning! It i very humid these days. I plan to roll it out today, but first want to run get supplies to try the ganache under fondant instead of BC. I did print out her instructions , and one talks about if it is too hard.

Guess this might be today's "Michelle Obama's Arms" workout for today! (They've been talking about that on the Today Show all morning!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%