Need Red Fondant Asap - Will This Work?

Decorating By Motta Updated 7 Sep 2009 , 10:01pm by notjustcakes

Motta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motta Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 9:45pm
post #1 of 5

I have hot pink fondant and Americolor Red Red. I was thinking of combining the two to make a red fondant for a red, black and white themed cake. Anyone with experience tried this??? Thanks for your help. I can't find red fondant in town and I don't have time to order it online.

4 replies
caseyhayes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caseyhayes Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 9:56pm
post #2 of 5

I don't know about that but just last night there was a forum topic on CC that talked about red fondant. They said sub 1/2 cup cocoa powder for PS and add your red when you make fresh fondant. I intend on trying it this week. HTH and I hope I got it righticon_smile.gif

caseyhayes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caseyhayes Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 9:59pm
post #3 of 5

Add your red to the melted marshmallow mix. they said you should get a true red.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 10:00pm
post #4 of 5

What is the need to add hot pink? I'd just use red and knead in some cocoa powder like suggested above.

notjustcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcakes Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 10:01pm
post #5 of 5

Since pink is simply a watered down variation of red, I don't see why not...You might have to add quite a bit of the red red to achieve a true vibrant red...Keep in mind that especially w/ red, the color will intensify and deepen as it sets, so add color, mix in well, wrap fondant and check your color a few hours later...Stop adding color when you end up a shade or so from where you want the color to be and give it time to deepen...Hope that helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%