Any Ideas For A Bluegrass Gospel Festival ?

Decorating By brightbrats Updated 13 Sep 2009 , 3:10am by brightbrats

brightbrats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brightbrats Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 9:08pm
post #1 of 9

A friend of mine is having a Bluegrass Gospel Festival at their church. I was asked to make a cake for the event. I'm stumped. I can't think of anything for this.

Can anyone come up with any ideas at all. It doesn't matter if it is a sheet cake, round, stacked, whatever, just Bluegrass Gospel.

Please help, I'll be waiting patiently, not.

8 replies
brightbrats Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 12:42am
post #2 of 9

Anybody at all have any kind of idea ?

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 1:04am
post #3 of 9

Can you do some little modeled guitars, banjos and mandolins? A hymnal perhaps? Maybe opening lines to a few favorites piped around the side of a tiered cake... "Will the Circle Be Unbroken" "Swing Low Sweet Chariot" "Unclouded Day"... Ooh, a stand-up bass might be cool too... A harmonica sitting on top of a Bible on top of some music sheets?

Maybe that will give you something to work with... icon_biggrin.gif Good luck!

nickymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickymom Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 1:12am
post #4 of 9

you could do a banjo or guitar shaped cake

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 1:40am
post #5 of 9

I agree with the banjo/mandolin idea. I can't wait to see the finished product. Did I mention that my son plays in a bluegrass band? icon_wink.gif

KathyB101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyB101 Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 2:18am
post #6 of 9

Hello Brightbrats, When I was a kid my parents used to listen to Bluegrass Music. There was a T.V. show on called Hee Haw that had many guests on that played Country/Bluegrass music, they also did comedy, told jokes. I know if you could see one show you would have some ideas for your cake. I think more people are familiar with Country Music, The Grand Ole Opry, here to is another place to look for ideas. When I think of Country Music, I think of a old barn, a garden with corn fields. Some chickens, cows, horses. You could have a stage in front of the barn, with your Country Music singers performing. ....Many ideas come to mind. But the tv program Hee Haw, I think would give you the most ideas to start, so much variety.. I would love to see your cake, good luck... Kathy

nickymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickymom Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 3:37am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyB101

Hello Brightbrats, When I was a kid my parents used to listen to Bluegrass Music. There was a T.V. show on called Hee Haw that had many guests on that played Country/Bluegrass music, they also did comedy, told jokes. I know if you could see one show you would have some ideas for your cake. I think more people are familiar with Country Music, The Grand Ole Opry, here to is another place to look for ideas. When I think of Country Music, I think of a old barn, a garden with corn fields. Some chickens, cows, horses. You could have a stage in front of the barn, with your Country Music singers performing. ....Many ideas come to mind. But the tv program Hee Haw, I think would give you the most ideas to start, so much variety.. I would love to see your cake, good luck... Kathy

Ditto about seeing Hee Haw and being inspired.....I used to watch that show w/ my parents too and loved it.....you can go to You Tube, I know they have some Hee-Haw clips

AnitaK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnitaK Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 2:48am
post #8 of 9

How about using "blue" grass tip and cover the entire cake with blue grass for starters, you need a stage, fondant figures for a quartet - what's a gospel festival without a piano and maybe a guitar, along with kansaswolf's suggestions. I'm also thinking that you need an audience section - this would probably all work well on a sheet cake.

Sorry, but I'd forgo the HeeHaw idea cause that was strictly country music and comedy, although bluegrass, only one gospel song per episode occasionally - definitely not Bluegrass Gospel.

Good luck and I'd really like to see what you come up with.

brightbrats Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 3:10am
post #9 of 9

Thanks guys for all the ideas, but the cake order was canceled. Maybe we can use these ideas another time.

Thanks again everyone.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%