Edible Image Printer Help Please

Decorating By srodts Updated 8 Sep 2009 , 1:50pm by srodts

srodts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srodts Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 7:11pm
post #1 of 5

I am looking for advise on the best printer for printing edible images. My mom has said that she will buy me one for Christmas, but the ones she was looking at were like $300.00 and she didnt want to spend that much. I told her I thought you could get one for less than that but when I went to find the article on CC about edible image printers I cant find it. I looked in the articles and found one one edible images and it has the link to the article I was looking for but the link leads no place. Can anyone help me. What kind of printer do you use. I would not use it a ton as I am only do cakes for fun, but would love to have a printer.
Thank you all in advance
Shannon

4 replies
bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 10:55pm
post #2 of 5

My husband just bought me the epson nx415 at staples-today and with a coupon and free shipping it was $59.98. I ordered the frosting sheets and edible ink from Walkers online $26 for 24 sheets and $70 for the ink, they also have ink refills.

misabel99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misabel99 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 11:04pm
post #3 of 5

I got mine Cannon Ip3500 on ebay brand new for $25.00 bbbut you can get it at Stapples or Office max for $60.00 and I like mine because in case of clog I can take the head of and clean it and I think that Epson brand you can't take the head off. go to Kopykake.com and look for the models there is many different models that you can pick and I read that some people find it at Target or any other store just check the model that are good for edible ink. HTH thumbs_up.gif

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 11:27pm
post #4 of 5

I have Cannon IP3500 too. I love it! The 4 ink catridges that are needed for this printer must have a chip on them to run. Some websites sell them for $90.00. Or check out icingimages.com, less expensive. If you decide to buy the catridges without the chip it less expensive, but you have to stick the chip on with two sided tape. Oh yeah, I bought this on sale at
Office Max or Office Depot. Do the research first, go on the web and type in edible images, look at the websites that sell, you'll find a lot of good info. Kopycakes is a great site too! HTH
Hammy

srodts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srodts Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 1:50pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you all for your help I will look at all of these and see what I can come up with.
Again THANK YOU so much you guys are great.
Shannon

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%