Very Small Lattice Impression

Decorating By cathyscakes Updated 7 Sep 2009 , 10:51pm by hallow3

cathyscakes Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 6:07pm
post #1 of 8

I am looking for a very small lattice impression mold, do any of you know where I could find this. I'm making a fondant ribbon border that I would like to add a lattice design. Looked everywhere and can't find one that small, thanks

7 replies
neecerator Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 7:50pm
post #2 of 8

Depends what size or shape you're looking for. search Youtube. I found a video once where Susan Carberry turned mini heart-shaped cake pans upside down and used royal icing to make a heart-shaped lattice basket type of thing. It was beautiful. Good luck!

-K8memphis Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 7:57pm
post #3 of 8

I mean look through the craft store--y'know those plastic mesh grids that you weave yarn though to make ornaments and tissue box covers and stuff? Those get real small--you could redefine the grid with a metal edged ruler or something. I have a rolling pin that you would like it's for smocking but you could roll both ways for great effect. And I have a little imprinter too.

Check out Global Sugar Art. Look for cross stitch stuff.

HamSquad Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 8:09pm
post #5 of 8

You may want to try Home Depot in the paint section. i happen to find this lattice plastic pattern in paint roller holder. It's some type of holder(LOL).

cathyscakes Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 9:38pm
post #6 of 8

thanks everyone, good idea to go looking in non cake stuff, I'll go searching tomorrow. I saw on cake boss where he put a band of lattice around the bottom of his grapes and ivy cake, I loved the look of it, trying to replicate it, thanks

HamSquad Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 10:28pm
post #7 of 8

Sorry, I forgot, did you look at the Patchwork cutters, they have a lattice and diamond pattern cutters that are small also. You will find them Global Cake art or other online cake decoration suppliers. (I'm Getting Old)!

hallow3 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 10:51pm
post #8 of 8

also look where at the craft store where you buy clay sculpting stuff too, I have found a lot of stuff you can use for cake making too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%