Gum Paste Roses

Decorating By memakim Updated 7 Sep 2009 , 4:33pm by memakim

memakim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
memakim Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 2:16pm
post #1 of 7

I need help, I need to make about 10 or so gum paste roses for my son's wedding cake, I have made lost of stuff from gum paste , just never roses, they scare me. I need to have them ready for the cake on the 19 th I keep putting it off, put I have to get started soon, anyone have any hints, tuturals that have helped them ? Any suggestions would be great.

Kim icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
sugartforyou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartforyou Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 2:38pm
post #2 of 7

Check Tonedna in Youtube. She is great. icon_wink.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 3:40pm
post #3 of 7

This is the tutorial that was most helpful to me: http://www.flickr.com/photos/franjmc/2927935625/ you've got to scroll down partway down the page to find the link to the tutorial in the comments.

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 3:46pm
post #4 of 7

tonedna's tutorials are great: http://www.youtube.com/tonedna1
i finally figured out how to do them from these tutorials.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 4:11pm
post #5 of 7

i love edna too. but the video that texas rose points out is the best..it is a very large rose. great tutorial.. hth

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 4:24pm
post #6 of 7

They are not as intimidating as they look. I would much rather do them than buttercream roses. Just remember you can do them way ahead. Store out of light or they will fade. And make extra just in case. Good luck.

memakim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
memakim Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 4:33pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks for all your help !! I will check all these out, I'm planning on staring to make them on Wednesday, will make extra. I did master buttercream ones so shouldn't have any problem. My problem is I just want everything to be perfect!

Kim

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%