Help! My Cake Is Swetting!

Decorating By flowerpower1 Updated 7 Sep 2009 , 3:11pm by flowerpower1

flowerpower1 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 1:01pm
post #1 of 5

Hi, I need help. My cake is swetting. how can I save a cake that´s already swetting? Can I put it in the freezer or will this only make it worse, when I defrost it?

/Sara

4 replies
Moniquea Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 1:37pm
post #2 of 5

The freezer will only make it worse! I'm afraid it would melt entirely...

You can try a good coating of powdered sugar and maybe some cornstarch. When it happened to me this worked like a sponge against the sweating until the cake got to room temp. but just a little sugar looked like a stain, I had to use a lot and then a good medium soft brush to wipe off the excess. The middle still sweat a little but it was enough for deliver and design.

Hope that helps icon_redface.gif

CakeMommyTX Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 2:02pm
post #3 of 5

Was it refrigerated ? Sometimes my cakes sweat if I refrigerate them fully decorated (fondant the worst) I just let them sit until the moisture evaporates and they look fine.

Doug Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 2:10pm
post #4 of 5

if refrigerated: a small fan blowing gently will whisk the wet away and help get it to room temp faster --- or if have a ceiling fan directly above a table, put ceiling fan on "down", crank up to top speed and set cake under it.

----

for future reference: before refrigerating a cake, place in cake box and seal the box very well. leave cake in box when it comes out of fridge. Moisture will condense on box and not on cake.

flowerpower1 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 3:11pm
post #5 of 5

Yes, it was refrigerated. So, the best thing is to take it out and let it reach roomtemperature?

thank you all for your tips! thumbs_up.gif
/Sara

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%