Voices That Drive You Crazy

Lounge By Marina Updated 8 Oct 2009 , 11:40pm by Gingoodies

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 3:56am
post #31 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthecake

Does anyone remember some years ago when there was a news story about someone who had seizures from listening to Mary Hart's voice (the woman on Entertainment Tonight)? That was weird.

That was also a Seinfeld episode. Kramer had the seizures.

I don't like Ms. Ray because of the faces she makes while talking. It's not so much that listening to her is irritating but WATCHING her talk is irritating.

While I am a big Paula Deen fan, I commented to hubby recently that her accent is getting more and more drawl in it and she is sounding more nasally (sp?) than I remember. Effect for the camera? icon_rolleyes.gif

Any woman who talks/sings in a high voice. My sister feels the same way. We think it's because we have low voices so high pitched voices actually hurt our ears. (She sings in the men's section of the choir because her voice is low. I'm the only woman I know who can actually hit the low notes in Elvis Presley's song, "Teddy Bear".)

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 4:11am
post #32 of 45

Barack Obama-for sure!

And Keith Olbermann! icon_biggrin.gif (Keith-he makes my leg tingle too, but for a completely different reason, buddy!

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 6:20am
post #33 of 45

Ok been reading this posts and I have to admit I am annoyed by almost every single name mentioned so far (specially Nancy Grace)...OMG help me but I cant mute or change the channel fast enough for that one!

Another voice would be Victoria Jackson from SNL all that baby talk or dumb blond routine is just overdone!

But at the risk of being ostracized...I have always been a big Oprah fan but over the last year I just can not bring myself to watch her...and its all because of when she say's "Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooo" it makes me insane and has completely turned me off of her.

Lil_Belle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lil_Belle Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 4:29pm
post #34 of 45

well she's not famous but I work with a woman who sounds like....well I can't do it justice. Almost like I just want to reach down her throst and see what died in there. She does this very fake laugh that goes like -laugh- -he- -he(gets weasy)- -heeee(weasier)- -heeeeeeee- by the time she's on the last one I'm as far away as possible.

Does that make me evil that I want to remove her throat for her? I don't think so icon_biggrin.gif

Stephi1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stephi1 Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 4:41pm
post #35 of 45

Listening to Rachel Ray makes my eyes water. I know it sounds stupid, but it sounds like she has to strain to get the words out and it drives me nuts!!! That dog food commercial of hers is about enough to send me into a fit!

Marina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marina Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 10:18pm
post #36 of 45

I just thought of another one, but not because of his voice, but because of the stupid noises he makes when cooking-Emerill Lagasse. I think he's wants to sound like Curly from the 3 Stooges!!!

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 11:23pm
post #37 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolynlovescake

Kate Gosselin

'nuff said

After trying to watch her show again last nite... I agree!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 11:24pm
post #38 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingoodies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolynlovescake

Kate Gosselin

'nuff said

After trying to watch her show again last nite... I agree!

Come and git yer POPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPcorn!!!!!! Ugh! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Gingoodies Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 11:26pm
post #39 of 45

And the singing voice icon_cool.gificon_surprised.giftapedshut.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 12:05am
post #40 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by LURVELY

Barack Obama-for sure!

Oh God me too.....what annoys me the most about him (besides the fact that I don't agree with anything he says, LOL) is how many times he says "aaaaaaahhh" in his sentences.

How can anyone that's had a Harvard education speak like that? icon_confused.gif

aaaaaaaaahhh I aaaaaaaaahhhh don't aaaaaahhhh get it. icon_biggrin.gif

Another one that makes my skin crawl.....Monica Crowley from the Mclaughlin Group.

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 12:23am
post #41 of 45

I hated the RUB-ON comercials and they would repeat it over and over. Mute for sure

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 1:50am
post #42 of 45

Nancy Pelosi --like nails on a chalk board to me.

Paula Dean --like her show but Indy you are so right her accent has became thicker and now seems fake. My DH can't stand her voice at all.

Kate Gosslin--hate the screaming instead of talking.

Rachael Ray -- the EVOO and crap phrases she uses. I don't mind her so much, I want to like her, but just can't stand her show.

Barney Frank

Patrick from Sponge Bob.

Kerdashian family anyone?

So many more, but don't want a list 1 page long.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 3:25pm
post #43 of 45

Yeah Rosie Perez... And she is the voice of a chatacter in Go Diego Go. I ju hmmm grr I can't oooo I uhhh "growl"....yeah.

AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 9:45pm
post #44 of 45

For me, it's Rachel Ray, Buddy from Cake Boss, and the worst of all....

DORA THE EXPLORER!!!

EDIT: I have no idea why it is linking to that site. Not my choice.

Gingoodies Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 11:40pm
post #45 of 45

Averagemom, it is because there is a pricing/cost figuring program by the same name "c ake boss" that is advertised on here.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%