Shelf Life Of Sugarshack's Buttercream??

Decorating By Henna20 Updated 7 Sep 2009 , 4:02am by SugarFrosted

Henna20 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 3:31am
post #1 of 3

how long will sugarshack's buttercream stay good for? also what is the best way to store it? does anyone have any idea what size container fits a full 5qt batch of buttercream or a half batch? also what is the recipe to make sugarshack's buttercream into chocolate buttercream?
thanks!

2 replies
chefjulie Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 3:44am
post #2 of 3

According to her, it will last indefinitely in the freezer (or fridge, I believe she says) and a couple of weeks (not really sure on the exact time line) at room temp.

I use a 6qt double-lock rubbermaid container for mine (I use the 6qt recipe, though).

If you search, you'll find a massive thread just talking about Sugarshack buttercream, I'm sure you'll find any and all of your answers there!

SugarFrosted Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 4:02am
post #3 of 3

While I have not tried Sugarshack's buttercream recipe yet (and I do want to next time I make buttercream) I always make big batches when I make mine. I set aside a day and make batch after batch all day long until my big freezer is full. I put it into half-gallon sherbet tubs because that is an easy size to handle and thaw out. The night before I decorate, I take out of the freezer as much as I think I will need for the next day.

Sugarshack's buttercream-making tutorial on youtube is great

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%