Impatient To Get Some Information

Business By Kapelipl Updated 10 Sep 2009 , 1:01am by Kapelipl

Kapelipl Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 12:41am
post #1 of 4

Hi, new to the forum and have found tons of information - you all are great!

I am looking into starting a cake business, specifically in Hamilton County Ohio. Cottage Industry(because of pets) and Hamilton County Zoning are an ok! The Zoning Commission suggested I ask the Department of Health.

So my question is . . . has anyone here talked with the Hamilton County Dept of Heath about baking from home? Their website has no information that I can find (oh the hours of boring surfing). I have emailed and called but have not gotten anywhere, but I'm blaming that on the Labor Day weekend and people going on vacation.

I'm going to give them another call on Tuesday but I was hoping someone here would know something - I'm trying not to get my hopes up and I want to be 100% legal. I searched the old posts here and didn't see anything, if I missed a post please point me in the right direction.

Thanks, I'm loving this site btw.

3 replies
jillmakescakes Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 1:03am
post #2 of 4

While being specific on your location is helpful, I think you might just have to wait until tuesday. icon_cry.gif

I know its hard when you're ready to jump in with both feet, but it will all line up when it's supposed to.

Welcomeo CC by the way!! thumbs_up.gif

DebBTX Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 3:45am
post #3 of 4

Welcome to Cake Central.

-Debbie B.

Kapelipl Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 1:01am
post #4 of 4

Finally got a responce and everything is good to go! Looks like I am able to have a legal cake business. Now onto the details and to set everything up.

Thanks for the help and encouragement from those who sent me messages.
icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%