High Ratio Shortening

Decorating By tame Updated 7 Sep 2009 , 12:46am by mygirlssweet

tame Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tame Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 12:24am
post #1 of 2

I am about to order the high ratio shortening but is by ck, i read a previous thread were someone was not sure but thought it had an awful taste. I will be trying it with sugarshack buttercream recipie because i am problems with the buttercream I have been making not the taste just the texture. could any give me the okay about this brand before i order it , this is all this supplier carries..

1 reply
mygirlssweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mygirlssweet Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 12:46am
post #2 of 2

I tried CK high ratio shortening with Sharron's icing recipe, and I personally hated it. I paid a fortune to have it sent and was so dissappointed with results. It seemed to grow in the bowl and I had more air bubbles than I had ever had before. I have used both Crisco and generic regular shortening with this recipe and had great results. But I tried it twice with ck hr shortening and had the same problem both time. It was the only brand the local store could order. I didn't care for the tast myself either. That's my experience with it, but I have heard that others have great results with it. I ended up throwing the 50# box to the garbage outside...a huge waste of money....but lessoned learned for me, IMO

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%