Need Opinions From Wedding Cakers

Business By SweetArt Updated 7 Sep 2009 , 12:57am by indydebi

SweetArt Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 10:57pm
post #1 of 9

I was contacted by a wedding coordinator to be her featured vendor for the week/month, something. Anyway, she gave me a list of questions to answer, one of which has me stuck. There are so many things to say to answer this question.

Quote:
Quote:

...in working with brides and grooms, is there any piece of advice you would like to offer?

How do I narrow it down? What is most important for them to know? Please throw in your opinion and what you would say.

Please help me with my homework! (High School flashbacks! icon_cry.gif )

8 replies
costumeczar Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 11:07pm
post #2 of 9

What about "with cake, you generally get what you pay for!" icon_wink.gif

cas17 Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 11:12pm
post #3 of 9

that they should be realistic and considerate and not think they can feed 300 ppl dessert for $100! oh and please abide by all the polices on their cake contract.

leah_s Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 11:19pm
post #4 of 9

"Plan the wedding you can afford."

LaBellaFlor Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 11:42pm
post #5 of 9

Plan the wedding you want, but realize to get quality, you may have to give up quantity in guest list.

EatSomeCake Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 11:57pm
post #6 of 9

Well said LaBellaFlor!

blessedist Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 12:12am
post #7 of 9

I just left a person's site, and her slogan was "good cake isn't cheap and cheap cake isn't good!" SO true! thumbs_up.gif

dorie67 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 12:33am
post #8 of 9

I would have to go with planning a beautiful event within your budget. princess.gif

indydebi Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 12:57am
post #9 of 9

My favorite line: Don't play the poverty card with me and then tell me you're planning a party for 300 of your "dearest and closest friends" and expect me to supplement the cost of your party. Not going to happen.

Do the research .... find out what things cost .... look at your budget .... and get REAL about it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%