Huge Thank You! To Sharon & Edna

Decorating By grannys3angels Updated 7 Sep 2009 , 2:03am by grannys3angels

grannys3angels Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 8:06pm
post #1 of 5

I want to say Thank You to both you ladies for all that you have done here on CC that has helped me.

Thank You Sharon (sugarshack) for your sharing, advice, bc recipe, tips and your DVD's . They have been a huge help for me in pushing myself to try again and again and don't give up.

Thank You Edna for all your wonderful youtube video's on making flowers and so much more. They have help me to try some things that I though I would not be able to do. I have never though I could ever do a rose or a calla lily from fondant/gumpaste....but your video's taught me other wise.

Both ladies have always been so helpful with questions I have had over the years and helping in any way they could. By all the help you have given me with certain obstacles in caking, be it by IM's, threads, replys, dvd's or youtube video's....

I got to make the cake for my nephew's wedding this weekend. The bride started yelling with tears in her eyes "I love love love my wedding cake" while jumping up and down in her wedding gown, when she seen it icon_lol.gif At the time I thought she is going to mess up her make-up icon_lol.gif How nice it was to see on their faces how much their wedding cake meant to them and that it was not just a cake.

I know it may sound so silly icon_redface.gif , but never had I ever felt so proud of a cake I had made as I did at that moment.

Again Thank You Ladies and to so many others on CC...for the help and sharing of information, tips, advice, videos, recipes, photos that have for sure help me in so many ways!

God Bless,
Sharon

4 replies
poohsmomma Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 8:28pm
post #2 of 5

I checked out your wedding cake, and it is beautiful. The colors were sophisticated, and the calla lilies, bows and borders were so cleanly done. You did an excellent job. I can see why the bride was so pleased.

nickshalfpint Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 8:52pm
post #3 of 5

I love them too! And that wedding cake for your nephew is beautiful! All your cakes are beautiful. I love your signature too, it is so cute thumbs_up.gif

JGMB Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 9:17pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannys3angels

I know it may sound so silly icon_redface.gif , but never had I ever felt so proud of a cake I had made as I did at that moment.

There's nothing silly about it, Sharon. That is one major accomplishment!!! It is such a gorgeous cake, and it was made with love. You have every right to be proud!

grannys3angels Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 2:03am
post #5 of 5

Thank You all for your wonderful compliments on the cake, I appreciate them very much.

Thank You also nickshalfpint for the comment on my signature, it suit them to a tee when we are all in the kitchen making something together lol.

JGMB, most of the time when I am making a cake out of love for family or a friend and I have trouble my DH saids I am trying to hard icon_lol.gif

God Bless,
Sharon

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%