post #1 of 7

Hey there,

whats the best way to do faces on fondant people

What about the body i find that really hard
xx

6 replies
brincess_b Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 6:46pm
post #2 of 7

i keep it simple, draw on the eyes and mouth, and either draw on a nose or use a bit fondant. i have used fondant for hair, but if i could be bothered mixing up such a small amount, id like to use ri.
xx

Steelgoddess Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 7:02pm
post #3 of 7

What about the body? I think thats the hardet bit for me...

brincess_b Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 7:23pm
post #4 of 7

it depends hwo realistic you want to be. cartoony are easier, one blob becomes the chest, two sauusages become the arms, two balls become hands.
one long sausage folded over becomes legs, and two more blobs for shoes - look at the chair picture in my photos, thats how he was done, using carole deacons instructions.
look up aine2 on here, she has some good videos on her site, free and for sale. and im sure theres some on you tube too.
xx

Price Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 7:36pm
post #5 of 7

Aine2 is definitely the modeling guru! thumbs_up.gif If you're just starting out, you might want to buy some sculpy clay books. They are great for teaching you how to make the different shapes you need to model People and animals. Other good books for fondant and gumpaste modeling would be Debbie Brown and Maisie Parrish.

Steelgoddess Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 7:42pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks ladies!! this is awesome!!

Price Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 7:45pm
post #7 of 7

I agree with brincess_b that a cartoon type character is much easier than trying to make it realistic. I prefer the cartoon type, it's just what I like. How much modeling have you done? If you're just starting, go with something fairly simple to get used to working with the gumpaste or fondant and each time you make something, challenge yourself to learn another technique or process. You will be amazed at what you can do!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%