Chocolate Mousse Filling

Decorating By sister340 Updated 7 Sep 2009 , 2:53pm by sister340

sister340  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sister340 Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 6:25pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone know how I can fill with chocolate mousse that can be out of the fridge??? Said I could do this, now wondering about it having to be refrigerated.......................
j.

5 replies
 KimAZ  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 8:34pm
post #2 of 6

I use Pastry Pride to make mousse fillings. You whip it like whipped cream but it's non dairy. I buy mine at Smart & Final.

KimAZ

cakemaker61  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemaker61 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 1:43am
post #3 of 6

I buy commercial fillings and for choc. mousse, use bavarian cream, Nestles Chocobake (found in Walmart and other stores) and whip up Rich's Bettercream and mix a little of that in. Makes a great mousse and is stable left out for a couple of days.

Pastry-Panda  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastry-Panda Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 1:57am
post #4 of 6

I use Frostin Pride from Smart and Final. I just whip it up and I just mix in cooled but still pourable ganache until it looks right. Frostin pride is very stable even at room temp for extended periods of time.

sister340 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 3:38am
post #5 of 6

this mix I bought is Royal brand, sounds good, but you add milk. So I just can't imagine that it will be okay at room temp. Wouldn't you say that? I have time to try one of your suggestions, just didn't think about it until I got home and read the directions.......................

sister340 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 2:53pm
post #6 of 6

any other input?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%