Life Is A Struggle

Lounge By Hanasha Updated 6 Sep 2009 , 2:41pm by LaBellaFlor

Hanasha Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 6:25am
post #1 of 4

It's four years now since my husband was told he had cancer for the past 18 months he has been having a injections each month to help to keep it under control but they are not lasting each day now he sleeps a lot a is feeling very sick. I know the stress of the past 8 month is taking its toll. We were self funded retirees and had our super invested with a financial planner and also borrowed against our house with the down turn in the stock market our financial planner folded we lost about $350,000-00 (our supers) and had to sell our house to pay the bank what we still owe for our house, after all these years of working we are left with a few thousand of dollars and too old and sick to start again but thanks to our daughter and son-in-law who are letting us has their rental property rent free we have some where to live. We have just gone on aged pension for my husband and I am on carer's payment but what does the futher hold. But it is not easy as live 10km from a small town and 400km from our nearest family and doctors. It is hard each day watching my husband struggle with the cancer. The only good thing that is happening in a few week that our eldest granddaughter and her husband in Sydney are having a baby. My husband woud love to see his first great-grand child so all eing well we will be making the trip in November. Sorry this is long

3 replies
KitchenKat Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 7:51am
post #2 of 4

Hanasha, I'm sorry you're having a tough time. I'm glad you see the silver lining in the clouds in your horizon. Do you have someone you can talk to on a regular basis even just to vent? Does your husband?

Wishing you better times ahead. icon_smile.gif

-K8memphis Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 10:33am
post #3 of 4

Wow, life is tough and you guys are really going through it. I hope you all have a wonderful time visiting your family in November and God bless y'all very much. What a blessing to have that place to live. I know it's not at all what you worked all your lives and planned to have. I hope there's some kind of caregiver support group you can maybe get some strength and some resources from.

Take Care

LaBellaFlor Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 2:41pm
post #4 of 4

Life is a struggle and it can definetly throw you for a loop. I'm going to keep you in my prayers. Congratulations on your new great-grandchild. Becoming a great-granparent, those are one of life's postive loops icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%