All Points Bulletin: Be On The Look Out For....

Lounge By Doug Updated 8 Sep 2009 , 6:56pm by sadsmile

Doug Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 12:51am
post #1 of 18

Pop-up Balloons that decode CC acronyms....

recently sighted:

ICES , mog , mmf ,

DH (tho' many women may feel they were being far too nice regarding husbands!-- Heath excepted naturally)

and CC (but of course!)
===

others have been seen popping up too.

telltale signs -- a little set of dots -- a dotted underline -- under the acronym.

hover and balloon pops up!

(clicking once more anywhere on screen makes them go away)
--------------------------------------------------------------------

and what will Jackie and Heath dream up next???

great going! thumbs_up.gif

and I certainly hope you don't have to hand code each and every acronym individually!

-----

oh and TG -- at last something that isn't PINK! (tho' watch, just to get my goat.....they'll change it to florescent pink ---- hmmm maybe I shouldn't give them any ideas!)

17 replies
aquamom Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 2:15am
post #2 of 18

Sounds cool. Hmmm-hot pink sounds very cool icon_smile.gif

Heath Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 2:17am
post #3 of 18

You might see this feature toggle in and out over the course of the weekend as we are still working out the kinks.

Shelle_75 Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 2:48am
post #4 of 18

That is totally cool!

adree313 Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 5:57pm
post #5 of 18

i just noticed this and posted something about it. awesome feature!

Rylan Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 6:43pm
post #6 of 18

AWESOME! TOTALLY!

veronica720 Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 8:29pm
post #7 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

oh and TG -- at last something that isn't PINK! (tho' watch, just to get my goat.....they'll change it to florescent pink ---- hmmm maybe I shouldn't give them any ideas!)

Ohhh, make'm bright pink!!! That would be so cute!!

j/k haha

I have read before your discontent with pink, yellow is great.

xstitcher Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 8:13am
post #8 of 18

What an awesome idea! I just came across it myself right now and thought somehow a pop-up had come on then I realized what it was. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Love it! thumbs_up.gif

Bluehue Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 9:03am
post #9 of 18

Aweeeee, little *yellow* balloons - too cute.

Bluehue.

Mensch Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 9:26am
post #10 of 18

It's so funny how different people are..... I think they're terribly annoying. Is there any way to disable them?

kathy164 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 3:32pm
post #11 of 18

oh my gosh!!! I absolutely love this. I am older and have such a time trying to remember all of these. I am that nerdy one who literally has that poster with all the acronym meanings on my wall by the computer!! LOL> Well..... somebody has to.
Thanks for this great bit of help!
Oh and hot pink,,,,, well... I like the yellow! icon_wink.gif

Heath Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 6:22pm
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensch

It's so funny how different people are..... I think they're terribly annoying. Is there any way to disable them?

we are working on adding a toggle in your profile to disable it if you do not find it useful.

snowboarder Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 6:50pm
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath

Quote:

we are working on adding a toggle in your profile to disable it if you do not find it useful.

Excellent and thank you! icon_smile.gif

makingcake4u Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 7:22pm
post #14 of 18

Hi Everyone,
I new here and may be to new for a Pop-up Balloons, may be they are just for the older members only... I have't seen them. ME WANT ONE... LOL

I have been to lots of site and this one is awesome the people, Healt posting picture and the shhh.gif Hot Pink and all.

Have a HAPPY LABOR DAY usaribbon.gif ALONG WITH A GREAT WEEK!
Thanks for letting me jump in on your chat. thumbs_up.gif

Heath Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 11:31pm
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by makingcake4u

Hi Everyone,
I new here and may be to new for a Pop-up Balloons, may be they are just for the older members only... I have't seen them. ME WANT ONE... LOL

I have been to lots of site and this one is awesome the people, Healt posting picture and the shhh.gif Hot Pink and all.

Have a HAPPY LABOR DAY usaribbon.gif ALONG WITH A GREAT WEEK!
Thanks for letting me jump in on your chat. thumbs_up.gif

nope, they are for everyone, if you see an acronym, try mousing over it and see if you get a pop up. IF not, you might be running an older web browser that does not support this function.

makingcake4u Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 1:56am
post #16 of 18

Thanks now I see I had one but didn't run my mouse over it....love the pop ups... this help older person as myself to understand what the initials mean.
Thanks again.

Mensch Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 4:39am
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath

Quote:

Thanks.

sadsmile Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 6:56pm
post #18 of 18

BRILLIANT!!! You guys rock! I know most of them already, but it will be sooo helpfull to newbies and we will get less questions about them. How cool!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%