Ok..so Which Do I Really Use????

Decorating By CakeRN Updated 10 Sep 2009 , 12:46am by jammjenks

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 12:39am
post #1 of 12

I am doing a sweet 16 birthday cake for a friends niece for next week. She wants it to feed about 60 people. Now ...do I use the "party cake " size or the wedding cake size chart? I am only charging 140 for the cake plus delivery charge too. I don't know what chart to really use....HELP!!!

Teri

11 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 12:47am
post #2 of 12

I have decided I'll always use wedding servings. It really is plenty of cake, especially if other food is being served.

backermeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
backermeister Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 12:49am
post #3 of 12

I would probably go with the party cake servings esp if no meal is to be served at the party. Unless you are cutting the cake it is hard to ensure that the svgs will be cut according to the chart. It is always better to err on the side of caution and have a little more cake than run out completely. If still uneasy about it than ask the hostess of the party what she would prefer so that the burden of the decision is no longer weighing on your shoulders and the baking fun can begin. icon_biggrin.gif

CakeRN Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 12:54am
post #4 of 12

thanks for the info. I know there is going to be other food there since it starts around 5 pm. I was thinking of doing about doing a 10 , 8 an 6 but think I will do a 12, 9 and 6 instead. That way I know I have plenty of cake.

Teri

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 12:55am
post #5 of 12

wedding chart

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 1:01am
post #6 of 12

ditto to wedding.

----

if they want more -- it's called "seconds" OINK!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 3:18am
post #7 of 12

wedding chart, absolutely.

6/9/12 = 100 servings. That's crazeeee if she only ordered and paid for 60 servings. You really gonna work for $1.40 per serving?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

|
|
V
siggy

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 3:28am
post #8 of 12

Family gets party...all others get wedding.

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 3:49am
post #9 of 12

I've started sending the people I make cakes for the actual cake serving charts from the templates area of this website. And also those cake "blocks" of wood - I think they're also in the template section. That way, they get to pick how big they want the slices and how many servings they want to pay for.

CakeRN Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 10:08pm
post #10 of 12

So I was looking at the wilton chart online and it is way different than the chart they have in their books. Did there wedding cake serving get bigger? Whose chart do you use. I checked Earlenes chart and she says an 8 and a 10 in cake serve 45 people where Wiltons says 56. A 12 in and an 8 inch would be 60 serv per Earlene but obviously more for Wilton. I am soooooo confused...

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 10:14pm
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

I have decided I'll always use wedding servings. It really is plenty of cake, especially if other food is being served.

Ditto.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 12:46am
post #12 of 12

I use the wedding serving chart for every cake I do. No exceptions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%