Making Hot Pink Fondant

Decorating By CutiePieCakes-Ontario Updated 5 Sep 2009 , 10:59pm by CutiePieCakes-Ontario

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 9:31pm
post #1 of 4

I need to make some hot pink fondant next week. I only have Wilton colours, so what do I need to combine to make it hot pink? I have both Rose and Pink (among other colours). Do I need to add anything to either of them to make it "Hot"?

I'm making a very small double heart cake - actually using the large heart cookie cutter, making choc cake and cutting out the hearts, carving so they fit together and covering in fondant. Also creating an 'arrow' using candy sticks and GP (arrow head and feather tail), and writing in black gel - client's request. Around the bottom, instead of shells, dots, etc., I'm stringing twisted black shoe lace licorice around it. She doesn't want it too 'Valentine' looking, hence the hot pink and black. Will post once it's done.

3 replies
MrsNancyB1 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 10:42pm
post #2 of 4

This is a direct quote from (specifically discussing Wilton colors):

Rose paste color will obtain hot pink with good results.
Rose Petal is a soft, muted rose color. Pink is a traditional
pastel with a slight yellow tone.

dorie67 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 10:54pm
post #3 of 4

Use the Wilton Rose color if you have it, we just did a cake that needed to be hot pink, lime green and lavender and using the rose color did the trick! Good Luck princess.gif

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 10:59pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks, ladies. I hate to start with what I think will work, then find it won't, and still have to go get the colour I should have bought in the first place!

Quote by @%username% on %date%