80S Themed Cupcake Tower

Decorating By buttercuppie Updated 5 Sep 2009 , 8:33pm by Brenda0217

buttercuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buttercuppie Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 6:03pm
post #1 of 4

I'm working on a cupcake tower for a client for next weekend. The tower is going to be black and the cupcakes cups are going to be colors like blue, red, yellow, purple, and hot pink. The cake on top is going to be a hexagon with different elements of the 80s in each square...cassette tape, video game controller etc. and there is going to be a large 25 on top. One square of the topper cake is going to be an actual brick wall with her name in graffiti.

Here are my 2 questions:
1. Any suggestions on what color fondant to use on the topper cake...There are a lot of colors going on (hey it was the 80s. icon_lol.gif ) but I'm trying to keep it in control b/c of all the little elements going on the cake
2. Any suggestions as to what color I should paint the 25.

I have a few ideas in my head but figured that I throw this one out to the masses.

Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
sugarsugargal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarsugargal Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 6:42pm
post #2 of 4

I would choose any of the bright colours you are using on the cuppies as a main colour for the top cake, to tie it all in...if its an 80's theme, and it was my cake, I would do the 25 in silver/glitter to make it "disco" icon_smile.gif

xx

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 8:16pm
post #3 of 4

How about Lime green. If you look in my photos I did a 80's cake and it was lime green with all the 80's goodies..

Brenda0217 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brenda0217 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 8:33pm
post #4 of 4

I vote for the silver glitter that sugarsugargal said, make the 25 in that, that way it will set everything else off too. You need the silver glitter disco somewhere on there, and that would be the perfect spot, but that is just me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%