Strawberry Puree? How Do I Make That?

Baking By imartsy Updated 6 Sep 2009 , 3:55am by madgeowens

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 5:32pm
post #1 of 9

This recipe calls for "strawberry puree made from frozen strawberries" - but it doesn't tell you how to make it. Can anyone help?

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/1789/Strawberry-Cake-from-Scratch

8 replies
imartsy Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 6:42pm
post #2 of 9

just bumping myself up - hoping to do this today

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 8:33pm
post #3 of 9

Take a container of frozen strawberries with syrup, thaw, and drain. Then run them through a food processor until it is almost like baby food. HTH

imartsy Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 1:28am
post #4 of 9

oh they can't be frozen whole strawberries? They have to have syrup too? That may mean another trip to the grocery...... please let me know if that's the case. Can I use the frozen whole strawberries? And I do have to thaw them?? How can I do that quickly??

rvercher23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rvercher23 Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 1:33am
post #5 of 9

I always use the frozen whole strawberries! Good Luck!

Jenthecakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenthecakelady Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 1:39am
post #6 of 9

I just use frozen whole strawberries that have thawed or if there is a good deal on fresh strawberries at the market I use those-you might have to add a tiny bit of water if using fresh. Just pop frozen berries in the microwave on defrost for 30 sec - 1 min and they will be thawed enough to put in the blender.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 1:58am
post #7 of 9

Sure you can. I just always seem to have the ones with syrup, so I thought I'd better tell you to drain them if that was what you had. Sorry for the confusion.

imartsy Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 3:41am
post #8 of 9

thanks so much everyone - it's in the oven now! icon_smile.gif

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 3:55am
post #9 of 9

I make mine with fresh strawberries and a wee bit of lemon juice and sugar.......to use frozen....there will be so much water..you will need to get rid of some of the water and then put in blender, add sugar to taste,, and if too thin add some strawberry sauce found in the cake aisle at market...will fix it right up...hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%