Candles

Decorating By sammie192 Updated 6 Sep 2009 , 5:13am by varika

sammie192 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sammie192 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 3:41pm
post #1 of 5

hi all do anyone know were to fine or how to make the candles that stand up on the cake boards they have a little support at the bottom.
thanks sammie192

4 replies
ZAKIA6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZAKIA6 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 4:18pm
post #2 of 5

I would love to know too!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 4:40pm
post #3 of 5

use any candle and make them stand (Stand! good candle! I won't light you as your reward!)

if round -- punch a hole into the cake drum the size of the candle and push candle in.

if flat bottomed and other shape -- use an old partially burned candle. light it. drip wax in spot where the new one is to stand. Smoosh new one into wax puddle and hold in place while wax cools.. Before fully cool and still a bit pliable, trim off excess wax

or if candle is way big....

take paper clip or the floral wire and snip off about 1 1/2 pieces. hold with tweezers and heat good and hot. -- gently force into base of candle, leaving 1/2 the wire out. push into cake board (may have to make a starter hole in board)

for extra insurance do both the metal prongs and the wax puddle.

sammie192 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sammie192 Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 4:52am
post #4 of 5

Thank you Doug for your help.
Sammie 192

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 5:13am
post #5 of 5

If you mean regular burthday candles, you can also use a piped rosette of buttercream frosting--I like to use the dominant color of my cake, so they don't stand out hugely--and put the candle in the middle of that for support. There's no reason you couldn't do a larger rosette for a larger candle, or smaller for smaller candles, too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%