Air Brush Help!

Decorating By MrsSoul Updated 6 Sep 2009 , 12:43pm by foxymomma521

MrsSoul Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 11:37am
post #1 of 7

I bought the air brush with the canned air(I saw this guy use on youtube~awesome hot dog cake) I diluted wiltons gel paste and the dye either beads up or runs! Help I an VERY new to decorating and would love to step it up.

Any and all help is welcomed!

Thanx
icon_cry.gif

6 replies
foxymomma521 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 11:48am
post #2 of 7

I have no clue what airbrush you are using, but I only use airbrush colors with mine, never gel.

MrsSoul Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 8:11pm
post #3 of 7

here it is
LL

foxymomma521 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 11:57pm
post #4 of 7

Is it food safe?

giggysmack Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 1:05am
post #5 of 7

You should use airbrush colours. Americolour makes some. I have a few brushes and I have one like this as a back up as it not as fine of a mist as others but usable. Make sure your icing is dry. If you must dilute your colours use alcohol and experiment with consistencies. maybe spread some icing on the back of a cookie sheet and play with it.

MrsSoul Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 7:14am
post #6 of 7

@ foxymomma521- yes it is food safe

@ giggysmack thumbs_up.gif I will try your AmericolourI have to order them on the net I have no Idea where to get them in Fort Worth but in the mean time what kind of alcohol do you mean ? like Gin and Vodka?

foxymomma521 Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 12:43pm
post #7 of 7

I think you would use any clear alcohol, much like mixing luster dust? Also, if you buy shimmer airbrush colors, I thin those down with vodka so it doesn't clog my airbrush...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%