Before I Throw This Cake Out The Window!!!

Decorating By SJ169 Updated 5 Sep 2009 , 6:19pm by SJ169

SJ169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJ169 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 3:27am
post #1 of 16

OMG I have never been so fricken mad at a cake before!! I am trying to make a baby shower cake and the top tier was supposed to be white with horrizontal strips (but only a couple so it would like like ribbon) anywho first the white fondant ripped and then the stupud fondant ribbons kept ripping..sooo finally i just ripped all the fondant off the cake which in turn pulled off all of the ganache under neath! sooo i need help!

Would this cake look okay with blue, brown and white vertical stripes? I have attached the picture of the bottom tier....I need ideas for the top ASAP icon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gif before this cake goes out the window icon_sad.gif
LL

15 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 3:32am
post #2 of 16

Yes, vertical stripes would look nice on it. What's going on top?

SJ169 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 3:35am
post #3 of 16

Thanks! I wasnt 100% sure... i have made little jungle animals for the top of the cake but the stupid top tier was being well..stupid... i ran out of ganache to do another crumb coat so i had to do buttercream soo i am just waiting for it to crust (its in the fridge) ...plus i have 50 cuppies to do still for my MIL for a bbq tomorrow ......
oh and did i mention that these are both free or gift cakes ! blah!

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 3:37am
post #4 of 16

You didn't mean fricken.....icon_smile.gif

The stripes should be fine. I have done it in reverse before the dots on top and the stripes on bottom but never vice versa but I don't know why it wouldn't look just fine.

SJ169 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 3:40am
post #5 of 16

hahaha no patticakesnc i sure did not mean fricken!
okie well once my butter cream crusts I will be back at it! I will keep you updated! i think im gunna have a nice glass of wine to calm my nerves icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

SJ169 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 4:25am
post #6 of 16

OKIE! what do you think so far??
Now my next question is ...do you think a bead border around the top tier or a ribbon with a bow or something?
LL

Texas_Rose Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 4:31am
post #7 of 16

What a pretty kitchen you have!

Anyhow, a bead border would look good...but if you feel like it, a twisted rope border would look even neater. You could use a thinner rope to edge the white part on top.

SJ169 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 4:51am
post #8 of 16

Texas Rose!! omg your a fricken genius!! thank you so much for the rope border idea! its looks great i will post pics soon icon_smile.gif

SJ169 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 4:45pm
post #9 of 16

Ok, so after I finally finished last night (2am icon_sad.gif ) I so did not have the energy to put up pictures of cake, so here it is...I am not super happy with how it turned out but its okay. Thank you soo much Texas Rose your the best! icon_smile.gif

And I attached a picture of the cupcakes for the MIL

Thanks for the help! icon_smile.gif
LL
LL
LL

Texas_Rose Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 4:47pm
post #10 of 16

It looks great! The grass was the perfect touch!

SJ169 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 4:49pm
post #11 of 16

Thanks icon_smile.gif ...the mommy to be loved it ..so i guess thats what matters ! icon_smile.gif

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 4:56pm
post #12 of 16

Honestly, if I was the recepient I wouldn't have even noticed the actual cake because those jungle animals were so super adorable! Wonderful sculpting job!

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 5:05pm
post #13 of 16

It did turn out well. We are our own worst critics. I know I finished my bbq grill cake at 2 this morning and was not happy with it either. But my family loves it...if only we could love our work the way others do...

The cupcakes are adorable too. Just love your swirls and the coconut ones look just like the ones I did in my photos. My almond joy cupcakes is what I called them. YUMMY!

SJ169 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 5:36pm
post #14 of 16

Thanks you guys are the best icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

patticakesnc , the coconut ones are filled with ganache then have a thin layer of buttercream then rolled in coconut and then drizzled with ganache icon_smile.gif soo yummy haha

sweetreasures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetreasures Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 5:50pm
post #15 of 16

SJ169 your jungle animals look fantastic

SJ169 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 6:19pm
post #16 of 16

Thanks icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%