Baking Sheet Cakes

Decorating By caketherapy Updated 6 Sep 2009 , 12:13am by millermom

caketherapy  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caketherapy Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 3:10am
post #1 of 5

I have two sheet cakes to make 12x18. I have never done one!
Do I need to use a flower nail in center? Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated! I saw one recipe that used 2 mixes and baked for 20 mins at 350, does this sound close?? I guess I just do one layer with no filling. and how much do you charge? I usually do shaped and tiered or round cakes. Please help if you can.

4 replies
 JanH  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 3:46am
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by caketherapy

I saw one recipe that used 2 mixes and baked for 20 mins at 350, does this sound close??

Must be a fantastic oven as I couldn't bake that large a cake in 20 mins. using a convection oven.. icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

Is this the thread you're talking about:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-650150-.html

If so, please read my response and then open the "Everything" link as it will answer all your baking questions!

HTH

Edited to fix broken quote.

millermom  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 3:55am
post #3 of 5

my 12x18 pan (Wilton) holds exactly 3 cake mixes, and has to bake for at least an hour. I use the baking strips, so that takes slightly longer, but on a cake that big, you really don't want the outside to bake too fast!

HTH

caketherapy  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caketherapy Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 10:50pm
post #4 of 5

I am so thankful for your help. no mentioned anything about the nails, do I need to use them for this three mix Wilton 12x18 with baking strips??

millermom  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 12:13am
post #5 of 5

I have never used a nail. I guess you could try. icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%