Baking Sheet Cakes

Decorating By caketherapy Updated 6 Sep 2009 , 12:13am by millermom

caketherapy Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 3:10am
post #1 of 5

I have two sheet cakes to make 12x18. I have never done one!
Do I need to use a flower nail in center? Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated! I saw one recipe that used 2 mixes and baked for 20 mins at 350, does this sound close?? I guess I just do one layer with no filling. and how much do you charge? I usually do shaped and tiered or round cakes. Please help if you can.

4 replies
JanH Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 3:46am
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by caketherapy

I saw one recipe that used 2 mixes and baked for 20 mins at 350, does this sound close??

Must be a fantastic oven as I couldn't bake that large a cake in 20 mins. using a convection oven.. icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

Is this the thread you're talking about:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-650150-.html

If so, please read my response and then open the "Everything" link as it will answer all your baking questions!

HTH

Edited to fix broken quote.

millermom Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 3:55am
post #3 of 5

my 12x18 pan (Wilton) holds exactly 3 cake mixes, and has to bake for at least an hour. I use the baking strips, so that takes slightly longer, but on a cake that big, you really don't want the outside to bake too fast!

HTH

caketherapy Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 10:50pm
post #4 of 5

I am so thankful for your help. no mentioned anything about the nails, do I need to use them for this three mix Wilton 12x18 with baking strips??

millermom Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 12:13am
post #5 of 5

I have never used a nail. I guess you could try. icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%