Disappointed With New Recipes Section Format.

Decorating By MrsNancyB1 Updated 6 Sep 2009 , 5:24am by luv2cook721

MrsNancyB1 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 2:02am
post #1 of 15

I was just getting ready to look for a chocolate MMF recipe, when I realized that there are no more user ratings, so that I could decide which recipe I would be willing to try. Now, I have absolutely no idea which are the good recipes and which are the not so good ones..according to the ratings fellow CCers have given it over the years.

How disappointing. *sigh*

14 replies
JanH Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 2:06am
post #2 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsNancyB

I was just getting ready to look for a chocolate MMF recipe, when I realized that there are no more user ratings

The user ratings are still there, they just don't appear until you click on the recipe you're interested in. icon_smile.gif

HTH

MrsNancyB1 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 2:11am
post #3 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsNancyB

I was just getting ready to look for a chocolate MMF recipe, when I realized that there are no more user ratings

The user ratings are still there, they just don't appear until you click on the recipe you're interested in. icon_smile.gif

HTH

Just to clarify, are you referring to the previous ratings (ie the 1000s of ratings that some recipes received) or to the new ratings that people only recently started giving?

Thank you. icon_smile.gif

JanH Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 2:32am
post #4 of 15

The recipes were previously rated (by number of stars) - that's still there. The update has added the ability to add "comments."

But I get what you're saying now. The old ratings went away with the old software...

Rhonda's chocolate mmf is recommended in this thread:
(Includes link to recipe.)

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-649660.html

HTH

Caike Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 2:37am
post #5 of 15

I'd really have to agree... I haven't been here for long, but having the ability to view one large list of recipes and ratings at the same time that I can pick and choose from was really helpful. Having to dig through and actually click on each single recipe that I may be interested in is somewhat time consuming. Also, did the search software change a bit?

Just a newbie's 2 cents.

Heath Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 5:05am
post #6 of 15

The old ratings were not left out intentionally, this is the first time anyone has pointed that out to us.

We will look into getting those ratings put back in.

Also yes the SEARCH is being actively worked on right now.

Loucinda Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 7:55pm
post #7 of 15

Thanks Heath - I have been trying to find some IMBC recipes and cannot do it - was wondering what I was doing wrong!

Jackie Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 9:57pm
post #8 of 15

The recipe ratings have been updated.

I have merged all of the previous ratings with the current ones, you may need to view the entire recipe to see the stars, not just the description in search results, or in the category listings page

MrsNancyB1 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 10:36pm
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie

The recipe ratings have been updated.

I have merged all of the previous ratings with the current ones, you may need to view the entire recipe to see the stars, not just the description in search results, or in the category listings page

Wonderful news!

Thanks Jackie.

Kimmers971 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 10:55pm
post #10 of 15

The old format was much more user friendly. Seeing how many starts it had before you read the recipe was more helpful. I don't have time to open recipe after recipe to see what people think.

Jackie Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 11:31pm
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmers971

The old format was much more user friendly. Seeing how many starts it had before you read the recipe was more helpful. I don't have time to open recipe after recipe to see what people think.

That is a very good point!

I added the stars to show on recipe listing/search/category pages!

Lcubed82 Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 1:29am
post #12 of 15

Is there an index/listing of the recipes? All I get is a few titles with beginnings of recipes, with dates beside them. Search doesn't seem to work, but I see that is being worked on.
Also, for Articles, is there an index anymore?

I do love this website. Thank you for all your hard work!

Heath Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 1:38am
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcubed82

Is there an index/listing of the recipes? All I get is a few titles with beginnings of recipes, with dates beside them. Search doesn't seem to work, but I see that is being worked on.
Also, for Articles, is there an index anymore?

I do love this website. Thank you for all your hard work!

There is no index, there are category links on the right hand side, and the import has been fixed so that the categories they had prior to the change over, are back in place.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 4:59am
post #14 of 15

I personally love the new recipe section. I'm glad we can leave comments now so we can say why we rated the recipe high or low or anything else about it. Thanks!

luv2cook721 Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 5:24am
post #15 of 15

anything new takes time to get used to and always there are bugs to work out, but I like the changes I have been seeing and really like that comments can be added to recipes. I think it will be really helpful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%