How Much To Charge

Business By cowgirllvn Updated 5 Sep 2009 , 12:05pm by leah_s

cowgirllvn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cowgirllvn Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 1:39am
post #1 of 5

i have friends who are always wanting me to make cakes and cupcakes for them....but I never know how much to charge (i always feel like i'm not charging enough for the time and mateials....but feel like what it should cost is expensive) how do you know what to charge? For example I have a friend who wants me to make the all so famous "cheeseburger cupcakes" for her daughters sports team...how much should I charge for something like that? It is very time consuming to make those cupcakes as you all know who have made them....please help....i don't want to charge too much but I also want to make it worth my time.....thanks in advance

4 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 1:41am
post #2 of 5

I have seen those hamburger cupcakes and they are Darn cute and your right...Time consuming..I would charge about $3.00-$4.00 each...

cowgirllvn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cowgirllvn Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 1:59am
post #3 of 5

KiddieKakes...thank you soooo much...I am thinking she will want about 50 so see this is where I feel weird to tell her $150-$200 for cupcakes...lol I guess it is just something I need to get comfortable with... icon_smile.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 3:32am
post #4 of 5

If a regular 'ol cupcake with just a swirl of buttercream is $3, I would think ones to be made to look like a burger would be more like $6.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 12:05pm
post #5 of 5

And cowgirl, just because someone has to mention it, please check your state laws about selling baked goods made in your home. You may be able to do it, you may be forbidden to do it, you may have to get an inspection and license to do it. There's a sticky at the top of this Forum with state by state info.

I can swear to you that trying to fly under the radar and getting caught is not pretty. --Voice of Experience

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%