Urgent..i Can't See The Directions On The Gumpaste Package!!

Decorating By lardbutt Updated 5 Sep 2009 , 1:32am by lardbutt

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 12:08am
post #1 of 5

I have gumpaste mix from CK and the directions look worn off! I tried to look online and can't find how much water I need to add. I need to make it NOW.....can anybody help me???

Thanks, MessyBaker

4 replies
linstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linstead Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 12:23am
post #2 of 5

I found this - looks like you start with 2T hot water and might need actually 3 -3.5T hot water. Hope that helps.

http://www.houstoncakeclub.com/classesGen/KellySupply.htm

Nancy Linstead

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 12:24am
post #3 of 5

Sorry, I just made it the other week and I already threw out the can. But hopefully someone has a can!

dadawley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dadawley Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 12:25am
post #4 of 5

I found these instructions posted online from somebody else. HTH!

CK Gumpaste Mixing Instructions
I use Country Kitchenâs Dry Gumpaste mix.
I have used this product for a number of years and find it more than satisfactory for gumpaste projects.

Grease liberally the 5 Qt. Kitchenaid bowl with solid Crisco.

Dump the entire bag of dry CK gumpaste mix into the bowl.

Add 1/4 C minus 1T warm water slowly to the dry gumpaste mix with the paddle beater running. Reserve that 1T of warm water.

Mix on medium speed until the mixture begins to look like little balls. Scrape the beaters and the bottom of the bowl. Mix a little longer and give the mixture opportunity to bind together.
If it doesnât all come together to make one mass - then add 1/2 teaspoon of the warm water at a time until the mixture does form one mass.

If you live in a humid area - this gumpaste is ideal for you. If you live in a very dry area you will probably need to add 1/4 lb of fondant to this mixture to give you a little longer drying time.

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 1:32am
post #5 of 5

Thanks, I'll give that a try!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%