Thank You Dellboi2U

Decorating By jo_ann Updated 5 Sep 2009 , 1:47am by jo_ann

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 10:45pm
post #1 of 6

First off thank you so much dellboi2u for sharing with me on how you acheived the sage green on your cake. It's beautiful by the way.

I fought (and I mean fought) searching and trying to achieve this color, I think I achieved every shade of green except this light color sage. I finally did a search in the galleries and saw dellboi2u's cake which had the exact shade I needed. I pm'd her and surprisingly I believe she got back to me within a half an hour with how she did this.

Once I had her instructions, I achieved the color I needed in less than 5 minutes. And the bride was ecstatic. Yah!!!!

This may seem minuscule to some but this shows how helpful our fellow decorators are.

YEAH dellboi2u!!!!

Jo-Ann

5 replies
nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 10:59pm
post #2 of 6

oh it is a beautiful cake.

I've tried to creat this color too.

can you share here secret? icon_lol.gif

jo_ann Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 11:09pm
post #3 of 6

Okay, I don't think dellboi2u would mind. She started with ivory, added a little green and a touch of brown. It worked perfect for me.

What I did was start with ivory and take a smaller amt add a drop of green and a toothpick tip of brown and then add more ivory colored gumpaste a little at a time.
HTH

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 11:19pm
post #4 of 6

I'll try that,

Thanks so much to both of you icon_biggrin.gif

dellboi2u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dellboi2u Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 1:16am
post #5 of 6

Aaaawww... you are so sweet! I'm so glad I could help!

jo_ann Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 1:47am
post #6 of 6

YOU ARE VERY WELCOME ( and I did not capitalize to yell) just to say thanks to a very helpful member. Thank you once agoain dellboi2u

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%