Favourite Cake Pans

Decorating By sugarprincess Updated 5 Sep 2009 , 10:10pm by sweetreasures

sugarprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarprincess Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 7:40pm
post #1 of 6

Just wondering what brand of cake pans other people are using and which ones are the best.

I am currently using wilton 2" cake pans. Haven't really had any problems with them but they do seem to get small dents in them quite easily. I am debating on getting some new cake pans. I would like to try the 3" cake pans as I absolutely love tall cakes!! as well as a mini cheesecake pan.

I have seen Fat Dominos, Magic Line. Are these any heavier than the wilton brand?

5 replies
ebredhawk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ebredhawk Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 8:06pm
post #2 of 6

sugarprincess, i LOVE my square magic line pans! they are super heavy duty... you can tell they are high quality. the one little thing that bothers me is how tricky it is to get the corners completely clean, but for a perfectly square baked cake, it is worth it!

WildSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WildSugar Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 8:16pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebredhawk

sugarprincess, i LOVE my square magic line pans! they are super heavy duty... you can tell they are high quality. the one little thing that bothers me is how tricky it is to get the corners completely clean, but for a perfectly square baked cake, it is worth it!

Exactly what she said! I have a 6" square Magic Line and it is FABULOUS! The cakes come out with crisp clean corners. (The corners really are kind of a pain to wash though). The Wilton 8" and 10" i have dont have the 90 degree square corners, and they aren't as heavy duty. I love the edges on the Magic Line pan too. More to get a grip on when you are pulling it out of the oven.

sugarprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarprincess Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 8:53pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks so much. I have heard pretty good reviews on the magic line cake pans. And sorry about the misspelling I meant to say fat daddios instead of fat dominos. Must have been thinking about icing sugar.

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 8:54pm
post #5 of 6

Magic Line are the best.

sweetreasures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetreasures Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 10:10pm
post #6 of 6

I just bought a 9 " Fat Daddios. The corners are not straight like Magic Line with a bit of a curve at the base and I was concerned about that. It is the only pan the store carried - they used to carry ML but Daddios is cheaper and was assured that it would work itself out in the end after it was iced / covered. It did work well for baking but since I was just practicing with different cake flavors and not decorating that's yet to be seen. I'd be more inclined to purchase ML knowing that the corners are straight and crisp. Anyone else use Fat Daddios and happy with the way the corners turn out after icing or using fondant?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%