Cricut Dvd Discount Codes

Decorating By jillangel Updated 5 Sep 2009 , 1:53am by jillangel

jillangel Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 6:29pm
post #1 of 7

I ordered this 2 DVD set from lafrei dot com which is a scrapbooking site and the owner has two codes you can choose from-one for a free can of Tylose or a 20% off code which is CRICUT2 or CRICUTCAKES20 all caps no spaces. The dvd's are 34.99 (so with the 20% off you basically get free shipping.) I stumbled across this site last month while researching about the cricut for cakes. HTH

6 replies
tatorchip Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 9:30pm
post #2 of 7

Thanks jillangle, www.lafrei.com is a neat site

jillangel Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 12:57am
post #3 of 7

You're welcome. I came across that site last month (I love some of the storage stuff on there) and by the time I won the Cricut (yesterday) the code expired so I emailed them and the lady reinstated the discount until 9/15 which was so wonderfully nice. I never got into scrapping because I spend enough on cake stuff and I can see that being addictive as well but I've been checking sites out so I'll know how to work this Cricut thing when it gets here! icon_lol.gif

tatorchip Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 1:04am
post #4 of 7

I got mine a little over a week ago and love it. I have the expression. I haven't done the fondant yet, due to waiting on pasta machine. I have read everything I could about it and have my pc ready and did practice cuts on cardstock, I want to make sure I take every precaution not to ruin my machine. Good luck with yours

jillangel Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 1:11am
post #5 of 7

Thanks. I'm tickled I won a new in box expression for $152.00 on Ebay now I want to get the sure cuts alot software but I am waiting for the Cricut and DVD's to get here because I think I'll need a deep cut blade housing from what I am reading. So overwhelming trying to make sure I get all the right stuff. I'm so excited I can see just cutting paper trying to get the hang of it. I'm dizzy from reading all these sites but I am giddy with excitement. Good luck to you too. I hope I don't get too frustrated seems like ALOT of trial and error. I like instant gratification!

tatorchip Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 1:48am
post #6 of 7

jillangel, you will need the deep cut blade and housing, unless yours comes with it, mine didn't. I got the blade and housing at Michael's. I also got the sure cuts alot and go to the cricut site and download the trial version of design studio. all you need is the drive off it and the rest you can use your sure cuts alot for. The drive will let you connect your cricut to your pc. You will also need a usb cord (one end flat to go into pc and the other end is smaller and square to go in the cricut) I had one at home and it worked fine. I didn't come with the cricut either. If you don't have one they have them at walmart for hardly nothing. Maybe one of your friends or family member has one, they are very common. Hope this helps

jillangel Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 1:53am
post #7 of 7

Thank you that is very helpful info!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%