I Went Through The Same Situation

Business By SomethingSweetbyJ

SomethingSweetbyJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SomethingSweetbyJ Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 5:31pm
post #1 of 1

I was reading your post, and I know exactly where you are coming from. I started working at a new bakery that I thought was going to be my dream job. I was hired and I was the only one with experience. It was really difficult for me to train everyone in. I would have these young girls taking orders and not having any clue on what was involved. I could handle training in the staff, but what made me finaly decide to leave was the owners. They are great business people, but they had no experience in owning a bakery. They would take wedding orders, and the some of the orders they took were really bad. and I would have to be the one to make and decorate these cakes that I would've never recommended for a bride. I never wanted to disrespect them, but they would be very controlling with how I ran my production and crew. I have a lot of experience in my field and have worked in many kitchens and bakeries. One time I orgainzed the cake order forms by each day of the week (which makes sense) and after I left for the day the owner changed them...to having them disorganized on the wall! She could've at least talked to me about it! I ended up leaving. It has only been two months, but since then I have started my own business. I know what I am worth and how well I can do my job. I might as well be getting the full credit. I hope you can make the choice that is best for you. It sounds like you were happier on your own.

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%