Can I Pull Off Combining Other Flowers With Duff Roses?

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 6 Sep 2009 , 2:54am by emiyeric

emiyeric Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 4:11pm
post #1 of 6

Hey guys ... working on a cake now that is in pinks and whites, a bit whimsical for a little girl, and will be using some Duff roses to decorate. However, I wanted to incorporate some other petal motifs into the cake (the border, the topper, small details, etc) and was wondering how well I could do that with Duff roses. It seems to me that, while other flowers combine well, those particular "cloth-like" roses don't go so well with other flowers ... please let me know, because I feel like my brain is a little dry and I want to make this pretty.

Thanks for any pointers!

-Emi.

5 replies
kakeladi Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 7:07pm
post #2 of 6

Well by now you probably are already finished icon_smile.gif
What did you do. I don't see why other petal flowers won't go with those roses.
I like the big, fat petals piped w/a round tip - 5 in a circle and a center dot.
Or fondant&/or gp daisies in different sizes - mostly small.

emiyeric Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 11:54pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks so much, Kakeladi! I actually ended up scrapping the Duff roses altogether once I started putting on my petal motifs ... I'll post a picture later when I finish the cake to show you what I mean. They just didn't seem necessary anymore! icon_smile.gif I'll post it tomorrow. Thanks again for your feedback! icon_smile.gif

-Emi.

emiyeric Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 2:18am
post #4 of 6

Okay, here's the finished product! Thanks again for your help!

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1454391⊂=1454396&done=1

cutthecake Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 2:25am
post #5 of 6

That's a lovely cake.

emiyeric Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 2:54am
post #6 of 6

Thanks so much! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%