Ballerina On Top Of Cake.

Decorating By cakewhiz Updated 4 Sep 2009 , 10:31pm by nancysmom

cakewhiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakewhiz Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 3:47pm
post #1 of 6

Do any of you know how I might go about putting a ballerina on the top of a cake either sitting or standing? I am assuming made out of gumpaste....step by step instructions would be great as I am new to gumpaste and making figurines. Thank you.

5 replies
2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 3:58pm
post #2 of 6

If you look through the galleries entering ballerina in the search bar - you will see cakes with them. PM the person who made the one you really like, and they will be able to help you. Welcome to cc. You have posted - so now you are addicted!

rainbow_kisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainbow_kisses Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 5:26pm
post #3 of 6

my advise would be to watch and read as many modeling tutorials as you can icon_smile.gif it is easier to model a sitting person than a standing as it means that the legs are not taking any weight.

to model a ballerina i would start with the body in a coloured modeling paste depending on what coulour you want the top part of the body. model the arms and legs and position and dry befor gluing to body. finaly model the head and neck as one piece and leave to dry. when the parts are almost dry glue together using sugar glue. and make a tutu to wrap around the waist. add hair and paint on details when the whole model is dry. dont forget to paint on the ballet shoes and ribbons.

HTH

rainbow_kisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainbow_kisses Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 5:27pm
post #4 of 6

my advise would be to watch and read as many modeling tutorials as you can icon_smile.gif it is easier to model a sitting person than a standing as it means that the legs are not taking any weight.

to model a ballerina i would start with the body in a coloured modeling paste depending on what coulour you want the top part of the body. model the arms and legs and position and dry befor gluing to body. finaly model the head and neck as one piece and leave to dry. when the parts are almost dry glue together using sugar glue. and make a tutu to wrap around the waist. add hair and paint on details when the whole model is dry. dont forget to paint on the ballet shoes and ribbons.

HTH

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 5:37pm
post #5 of 6

if i haven,t made a model of a certain thing.. i go to the wal mart.. buy me a model (cheap) and sit it in front of me and go from there.. i have lots of books now on most things.. been doing this 14 years. have taken modling classes with maisie parrish.. and differnt people. but books are great. and again a cheap replica of what i need. hth anine2 on this site has some great modeling tutorial..hth

nancysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancysmom Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 10:31pm
post #6 of 6

Just an idea you could make one out of color flow. Find a picture of a balerina that you like and color flow it. you can even add a popcycle stick to insert it in the cake. I think i saw a tutorial on how to color flow on cc. good luck. Just rememder to take your time and have fun.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%