What Color Petal Dusts?

Decorating By dandelion56602 Updated 5 Sep 2009 , 1:22am by dandelion56602

dandelion56602 Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 2:21pm
post #1 of 6

I'm going to play around before my final product in a couple weeks, but I'm wanting to do some fall color flowers & leaves (roses, carnations, mums, cala lily) and am wondering where should I start w/ petal dusts. I am about to place an order so I can order new ones.

I'm thinking reds, burgundy, orange, yellow. But I know flowers have different shades & I get overwhelmed at the choices. What do you guys use most of?

Also, what color gumpaste do you start out w/ if you're wanting darker flowers like fall colors?

Thanks in advance

5 replies
cylstrial Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 3:49pm
post #2 of 6

I think you nailed fall colors with the red, burgundy, orange, and yellow. That's exactly what I think of when I think of fall.

dandelion56602 Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 10:24pm
post #3 of 6

Well, I was hoping for specifics b/c I was placing an order. Well, I ordered 12 colors b/c I couldn't decide. Hopefully there'll be what I need

jo_ann Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 10:35pm
post #4 of 6

I'm sorry you didn't get the response you were looking for. When I need a color I usually go to the galleries and do a search. When I find a color I want, if the decorator didn't say how they acheive the color, I will pm them.

One decorator I need to send a big thanks to is dellboi2u for helping me with sage green.

Jo-Ann

Rylan Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 11:27pm
post #5 of 6

When I think of fall colors, I think of warm and earthy colors. I'd get some browns just so you can tame the vibrancy of each color.

dandelion56602 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 1:22am
post #6 of 6

I got different shades of brown, green, red, orange & yellow. I figure I'll use them eventually anyway. At least it'll give me a lot to play with

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%