Need Some Help With New Pan Decision

Decorating By alene Updated 4 Sep 2009 , 3:54am by itsacake

alene Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 1:43am
post #1 of 4

I'm relatively new at all this and I'm wanting to purchase a half sheet cake pan. I've been looking on amazon and this is what it reads:

Parrish Magic Line 11.25 x 16.25 x 2 Inch Half Sheet Bun Pan Extender
Product Description
Professional Quality Oblong Cake Pan With Heavy Gauge Aluminum

My question is, is it a cake pan or just something else? What is a bun pan extender? icon_confused.gif Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

3 replies
kelleym Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 2:43am
post #2 of 4

I've never heard of a Bun Pan Extender, but that size is not a "typical" cake pan size. Most people refer to a 12x18 as a "half sheet", 11x15 as a "1/3 sheet" and 9x13 as a "quarter sheet". Here is a link to a Magic Line 12x18 sheet pan. You are on the right track with the Magic Lines, they will give you profesional quality results. icon_smile.gif

alene Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 3:37am
post #3 of 4

thanks a bunch kelley!!

itsacake Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 3:54am
post #4 of 4

I believe this is a 2 ' tall bottomless frame that you set on your half-sheet pan so you can use it as a cake pan.

Quote by @%username% on %date%